Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default Centre Region Parks and Rec...

Do they understand what 'preemption' means or am I over exaggerating this.

So it all started here: http://forum.pafoa.org/news-123/1348...criminals.html

They agreed to remove the ordinance, hurray!!!

Then I visited Tudek Park, a municipal park run by Centre Region Parks and Rec, and that's where this comes in:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/147...e-college.html

New signs conforming to state law, or so I thought(pics below)...Went back to Tudek today to see these new signs for myself. I was a little frustrated by what I found. They did indeed put up new signs, however, the only change was the removal of the word "Possession". Granted it is a step in the right direction, however, somehow if in the event someone would have to discharge a firearm in self defense this basically still says it is illegal. Granted this would be at the bottom of a list in that situation but still, its the principal of it.

Is it really this hard for these people to understand? I'm trying to figure out where to go from here with this, if needed. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Centre Region Parks and Rec...

Preemption does not prohibit regulation of discharge. They are not violating 18 Pa.C.S. §6120 by banning discharge.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

I don't see anything legally wrong with the sign. They still want to discourage people from using the park for target practice, but they allow you to carry as long as you're not using it.

As far as breaking the law should you need to use it, I believe if the police clear you of the more serious charges in a self-defense situation (murder, assualt, etc) then they aren't concerned with the minor charges like discharging a firearm in the park.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by NShortino View Post
    I don't see anything legally wrong with the sign. They still want to discourage people from using the park for target practice, but they allow you to carry as long as you're not using it.

As far as breaking the law should you need to use it, I believe if the police clear you of the more serious charges in a self-defense situation (murder, assualt, etc) then they aren't concerned with the minor charges like discharging a firearm in the park.
    unfortunatly even after cleared for a good shoot im sure they will charge you with discharging a firearm... thats their way of sticking it to us.... although if the situation calls for it im sure it will be the last thing on my mind... all we can do is keep the fight going.... my 5 year plan is to move back out to the area and when i get back out there please believe i will be joining that fight if it isnt done with..

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Preemption does not prohibit regulation of discharge. They are not violating 18 Pa.C.S. §6120 by banning discharge.
    Thanks, I was not entirely sure if it was considered covered under that or not.