Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Exclamation Support the Michaux shooting range!

Folks,

I want to let everyone know I believe we need to show support to reopen the Michaux shooting range or the DCNR is going to shut it down for good.

I have been communicating with the DCNR folks over the issue.

Here are the 2 PDF's on the report and baseline study of the shooting range.

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/ucmprd2/...cnr_007394.pdf

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/ucmprd2/...cnr_007393.pdf

I have not had much time to look through them yet. However I did notice that the report shows huge support for 2 of the shooting range options.

Basically it is split 50/50 on reopening the range or closing it down.

Michaux State Forest will be accepting public comments on the Target Range Progress Report from October 15–November 15. You may submit comments during this comment period by mail, email or in person.

Send letters to:
    Bureau of Forestry, Forest District 1
    10099 Lincoln Way
    East Fayetteville, PA 17222-9609

Send email to: Fd01@pa.gov

Most importantly there is a public meeting regarding the range on November 1, from 7-9:30 pm at the Buchanan Valley Firehall. Following a presentation on the range, those attending will be invited to provide input during a round-robin comment period facilitated by Bureau of Forestry staff.

Input is being solicited on this issue to help inform the decision making process regarding the range by allowing interested stakeholders to share their perspectives, concerns, and ideas on the issue. Comments received will be summarized and characterized in a follow-up report. However, this is not a vote and tally system. Redundant and/or electronically automated submissions will be disregarded.

If you are a big supporter of the shooting range it would help the cause to show up.
    Last edited by davestercrombie; October 3rd, 2011 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Edit email

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Support the Michaux shooting range!

everytime I went up there , I got the impression that they didn't want to open it. they keep saying that they are waiting for lead contamination reports to come back. a bunch of us here even volunteerd to do work up there at our expense. Still nothing. I am all for the range to be reopened . however I gave up and joined a private club. It's half the distance to the michaux ramge and there is seldom anyone there when I have the time to go. Works out well for me. The only thing I'll miss in the interaction with other shooters when I went up prior to hunting seasons.

get a petition together and I will sign it.
    In God We Trust............................

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Support the Michaux shooting range!

Sent a message just now. I recently moved from Mechanicsburg to Fayetteville. I need a place to shoot!
    Too many guns?