Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Destructive Devices?

I understand why the "Street Sweeper" shotgun was originally banned, but modern semi-auto shotguns are capable of the same rate of fire maybe 1 or 2 less rounds than the street sweeper. Anybody know if you can buy parts kits for them? or parts kits to legally build them?
    The beatings will continue until morale improves

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Forced Outage
    I understand why the "Street Sweeper" shotgun was originally banned, but modern semi-auto shotguns are capable of the same rate of fire maybe 1 or 2 less rounds than the street sweeper. Anybody know if you can buy parts kits for them? or parts kits to legally build them?
    It's my understanding that Street Sweepers were simply declared DD's by the ATF because they felt like it. Building one from parts would not be advisable. If you really want a Street Sweeper you may consider just paying the tax and filling out the forms. It's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be, the only problem is the Law Enforcement Certification (I created an LLC since it's impossible to get the certification in Philadelphia)

(Delaware County)

Just like the old AWB, it didn't make any sense either. It didn't do anything except criminalize people.

(Lancaster County)

I dont have a problem pay the "extortion tax", lol I just dont want to drop $2500.00 on a shotgun. I know some would say "then dont buy it", but I know when these things were first selling, you could pick them up for $600.00 a pop.

I agree with you armabill about all they did was criminalize people too. I have an older friend that bought one of these before the ban and its been sitting in his safe ever since. Has the original purchase reciept and everything. Problem is, he is MUCH out of touch with media, etc. Yes he does live like a hermit in the middle of nowhere. He offered to sell it to me for what he had in it since he knew I wanted it. I asked him where his amnesty paperwork to prove he got it registered and I was greeted with this glazed over "HUH?" look. I immediately told him to put it back in his safe until I could find more information out for him. Hell I dont want him to have to destroy it. its brand never, NEVER seen powder. I found out a few days ago, that it looks like all he can do is surrender it to ATF, what Im worried about is, will he still get into trouble?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Forced Outage
    I found out a few days ago, that it looks like all he can do is surrender it to ATF, what Im worried about is, will he still get into trouble?
    His best bet may be to contact a lawyer regarding the matter. I can recommend Philip Kline in Quakertown, he's a lawyer AND an NFA collector and did all my incororation paperwork for me. He'd probably be a great guy to talk to if your friend wants to deal with a lawyer who can tell him what he can do and how to do it.

(Lancaster County)

thank you VERY much for that information I would like to information please. just shoot it IM when you get time. I wont see this guy until Monday probably

(Lycoming County)

Dan,

Could you expand on the LLC a bit. By setting up an LLC are you saying one can avoid certain issues: such as the stamp tax and law enforcement certification?

TIA!
    "All the perplexities, confusion and distress in America arise, not from defects in their Constitution or Confederation, not from want of honor or virtue, so much as from the downright ignorance of the nature of coin, credit and circulation." John Adams

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by BankerA
    Dan,

Could you expand on the LLC a bit. By setting up an LLC are you saying one can avoid certain issues: such as the stamp tax and law enforcement certification?

TIA!
    Hey Banker,
    Corporate transfers of Title II items do not require fingerprint cards, photographs, or the Law Enforcement Certification. Since I live in Philadephia my chances of aquiring the LEC were slim to none at best. I simply created an LLC and transferred the MG to my LLC. Since I am the Registered Agent/Only officer of the LLC I can legally posess it.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Lycoming County)

Thumbs up

Dan,

Thanks for the info. You've already provided me info I wasn't aware of regarding AOW's, Short Barreled rifles and now corporate transfers....I think this is going to turn out to be an awesome site! Thanks.
    "All the perplexities, confusion and distress in America arise, not from defects in their Constitution or Confederation, not from want of honor or virtue, so much as from the downright ignorance of the nature of coin, credit and circulation." John Adams

Default Re: Destructive Devices?

Quote Originally Posted by Forced Outage View Post
    I dont have a problem pay the "extortion tax", lol I just dont want to drop $2500.00 on a shotgun. I know some would say "then dont buy it", but I know when these things were first selling, you could pick them up for $600.00 a pop.

I agree with you armabill about all they did was criminalize people too. I have an older friend that bought one of these before the ban and its been sitting in his safe ever since. Has the original purchase reciept and everything. Problem is, he is MUCH out of touch with media, etc. Yes he does live like a hermit in the middle of nowhere. He offered to sell it to me for what he had in it since he knew I wanted it. I asked him where his amnesty paperwork to prove he got it registered and I was greeted with this glazed over "HUH?" look. I immediately told him to put it back in his safe until I could find more information out for him. Hell I dont want him to have to destroy it. its brand never, NEVER seen powder. I found out a few days ago, that it looks like all he can do is surrender it to ATF, what Im worried about is, will he still get into trouble?
    i just saw the thread.. i remember when they were 250.00 you can get them for about 1100-1500 they are real junk but cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast