Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Dove into WheelGuns a month ago.

A month ago, I bought a Smith & Wesson 386 XL from Buds. Went on to put 100 rounds of PMC bronze 38 special through it and LOVED it. That gun balances gorgeously, even with the 6" barrel on it. I would liken the experience to a laser with recoil. Just put the bright red fiber front sight right under whatever you want to hit and give it a little squeeze. Simple as that. I haven't tried it with .357 magnum loads in it yet, but I'm excited to see what that it going to be like. I took Steve's advice and ordered a SimplyRugged Sourdough pancake holster for it, so We'll see how well that works out for duties when working at the range and as an instructional tool.

So today, I checked my bank balance and what do you know, a short time later there was a Ruger LCR with the XS front sight following me home from Classic Pistol. Jeesh, at this rate, the little lady had better take her time about figuring out how much money I spend on guns and ammo...

Yes, yes. I know, children. Pics or it didn't happen. They'll follow when I get the chance to take them. As will a report on the LCR and the 386 when I get a chance to put some more rounds through them.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

Default Re: Dove into WheelGuns a month ago.

You will almost never go wrong with a S&W or a Ruger. I say almost because someone will have had trouble or know someone that has. OK, Almost. I've had a number of both and they have all done well.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Dove into WheelGuns a month ago.

Nothing like a nice revolver ! My GP is one accurate SOB ! It sights up so nice I could drive tacks with it !
    You Can Take My Gun When You Pry it From My Dead, Cold, Hand !