Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Perry County)

Default My quest to find a CC holster

I originally planned on carrying my Bersa Thunder .380 and picked up a nylon type CC holster but never did carry. It seemed to print too much, was my main reason.

All I had was a regular cheap belt.

I later on picked up a CZ P-01 and intended to carry that. Looked at holsters online but never really saw anything that jumped out at me so I put it off.

Just recently I bought a belt from The Beltman (by reccomendation from members here). It arrived yesterday, way sooner than I expected. Its very nice looking and looks very sturdy.

I also purchased a Skin Guard holster from High Noon Holsters (as recommended by the CZ community). It is also a nice looking product and looks sturdy. The problem I have is that it prints too much (imo). It seems to kind of flop outward at the top. I just don't see how the high ride holsters are supposed to keep the gun close to your body when they stick out like that. maybe its my body type (i'm a big guy)?

Its probably not as bad as i think it is, but decided to look into other options.

Last night I ordered a Safariland 567 holster. It seems to ride lower so I'm hoping it conceals better. I'll update this thread once i get it.

(Chester County)

Default Re: My quest to find a CC holster

I don't worry about printing. Most people will never even notice and if they do they will probably think it's a cellphone or pda.

I carry a fullsize Taurus 24/7 Pro .45 in a DeSantis Speed Scabbard at my 3 o'clock OWB. I talked with a woman today who I know would go ballistic if she knew I had it. She was clueless, like most people.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Perry County)

yeah but a cellphone wouldn't be sitting that high. it sticks out a lot higher than where my belt should be.
    the grip seems to flop outward. i mean its, not real floppy, but it isn't like tight against my side.

(Pike County)

I carry my Bersa T380 in a DeSantis Cozy Partner IWB made for the PPK. It is fairly comfortable, it carries close in and very little printing under a polo shirt.

I also carry in a Desantis Gunny Sack and it distributes the weight of any of my pistols and extra magazines very well. It gives me better access and absolutely no issue with printing. In the car it gives me the perfect cross draw position, and no pinching at all!

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid-a-hand on.
    I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Wayne - The Shootist

Many of the truths we cling to... depend greatly on our own point of view. - Obi-Wan Kenobi