Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Weapons stolen from pottsville home

somewhere from 12 noon to 7pm today, someone broke into my house and stole 10 rifles and 1 pistol. I have called the police and they took some items to get finger prints off of. Only one of them was registered in my name, however.
    I'm posting on here hoping that members from my area would keep an eye out for my weapons at the local ranges and shops.

Here's a list of everything, however I cannot recall some of the model numbers to the older items.

1960s ithaca model 37, 12 gauge, finish is well worn
    Winchester 1300 turkey gun, 12 gauge, with black synthetic furniture
    Stevens model 5100 double barrel 12 gauge stock is cracked at the grip
    Savage semi-auto 12 gauge, either a 720 or a 775 with a lot of rust on the barrel
    Remington 700BDL in 30-06, topped with a wal mart special 4-16x50 that was painted black and brown
    Remington bolt action .270, unsure of the model but it uses the same bolt as the M700. Topped with a bushnell 4-12x44 scope
    Norinco SKS, carbine length. 16 1/2 inch barrel, with no bayonet like new
    RWS model 52 air rifle in .22 caliber, with RWS scope like new
    Remington fieldmaster 572 .22cal, finish is well worn
    CVA flintlock muzzleloader, I believe its a .45 or a .50 caliber... they took my ammo for that so I can't check
    colt M1991 .45, parkerized finish with black plastic grips and fixed sights. Ha oil stains on the right side of the pistol from sitting in the case.

If anyone sees someone at a range with one or more of these weapons please let me know. They took about 400 rounds of PMC .45 so I figure they will show up somewhere to try it out. I'm going to go to keefers, cabelas, and sch. gun works tomorrow to hand them a list, but I don't know if these people are dumb enough to try and sell stolen rifles to a gun shop.
    Last edited by mteague90; September 28th, 2011 at 11:45 PM.

Unhappy Re: Weapons stolen from pottsville home

Quote Originally Posted by mteague90 View Post
    somewhere from 12 noon to 7pm today, someone broke into my house and stole 10 rifles and 1 pistol. I have called the police and they took some items to get finger prints off of. Only one of them was registered in my name, the rest were my grandfathers. They were not registered in his name as he was dishonorably discharged and could not buy a weapon.

I'm posting on here hoping that members from my area would keep an eye out for my weapons at the local ranges and shops.

Here's a list of everything, however I cannot recall some of the model numbers to the older items.

1960s ithaca model 37, 12 gauge, finish is well worn
    Winchester 1300 turkey gun, 12 gauge, with black synthetic furniture
    Stevens model 5100 double barrel 12 gauge stock is cracked at the grip
    Savage semi-auto 12 gauge, either a 720 or a 775 with a lot of rust on the barrel
    Remington 700BDL in 30-06, topped with a wal mart special 4-16x50 that was painted black and brown
    Remington bolt action .270, unsure of the model but it uses the same bolt as the M700. Topped with a bushnell 4-12x44 scope
    Norinco SKS, carbine length. 16 1/2 inch barrel, with no bayonet like new
    RWS model 52 air rifle in .22 caliber, with RWS scope like new
    Remington fieldmaster 572 .22cal, finish is well worn
    CVA flintlock muzzleloader, I believe its a .45 or a .50 caliber... they took my ammo for that so I can't check
    colt M1991 .45, parkerized finish with black plastic grips and fixed sights. Ha oil stains on the right side of the pistol from sitting in the case.

If anyone sees someone at a range with one or more of these weapons please let me know. They took about 400 rounds of PMC .45 so I figure they will show up somewhere to try it out. I'm going to go to keefers, cabelas, and sch. gun works tomorrow to hand them a list, but I don't know if these people are dumb enough to try and sell stolen rifles to a gun shop.
    Tough luck, I'm sorry for your loss...
    SECONDS matter when the Police are MINUTES away!

Default Re: Weapons stolen from pottsville home

Can I assume for the sake of argument that they didn't have to break into a safe?

(Schuylkill County)

Yeah.... I have a wooden cabinet for em. Wish I had the money for a big ol safe.
    Well if I do get my weapons back I'll buy one.

(Lancaster County)

Yeah.... I have a wooden cabinet for em. Wish I had the money for a big ol safe.
    Two Points:

There is no "registration" in PA.

If they're recovered, I doubt you'll actually get them back from the police without a major hassle.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Delaware County)

costco Deal going on now when bought they includ shipping to the home. Well worth it.

(Schuylkill County)

I will certainly keep my eye out for you. With that many weapons I would suspect someone close to your situation. Or, that's one lucky random burglary suspect.
    Last edited by run silent run deep; September 29th, 2011 at 05:33 AM.
    Republicans believe every day is July 4th Democrats believe every day is April 15

(Schuylkill County)

Keep your eye on Craig's List also.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1delta10tango View Post
    Keep your eye on Craig's List also.
    Any updates?

(Schuylkill County)

I understand, but think of it this way - why would you put thousands of dollars worth of objects into a wood and glass box? Instead of putting your money in the bank, would you give it to your neighbor to hold instead? Not trying to be mean, just trying to show the importance of the small sacrifice.

You can get cheap, heavy safes for around $400-500. They won't be the best, but most or fire-rated, water proof, and will hold up against the average criminal and thief. It's better to spend the $500 one time, feel and be secure, rather than losing thousands of dollars from being stolen.

Best of luck to you on recovering them though. I'll try and keep an eye out around. I know I'm a bit late at seeing this, but I guess you never know where or when they could turn up.
    III%