Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default New PAFOA member interested in PMSC

Hi all,

I've been living in Pittsburgh for several years and recently purchased my first firearm. I've been shooting with my parents so I am not new to shooting pistols/rifles/shotguns, but I'm now looking for a local club to get more regular practice and learn more.

I've become interested in PMSC given the rave reviews and the kindness of the members on these forums. I'm looking for someone that would be willing to show me around as a guest to check the place out and potentially act as a sponsor. I would greatly appreciate anyone's help and generosity.

As a side note, I noticed PMSC has a spouse rate. I've been living with my girlfriend for 2+ years but we haven't tied the knot (let's not get into that ). I'm wondering if anyone knows the policy on this type of arrangement so that we could potentially join together. Alternatively if she doesn't qualify for a spouse rate, I don't envision her wanting to frequent the range as much as myself so I was wondering if there is a limit to the number of times you can bring a guest since I don't mind paying a few extra bucks to have her come when she wants since it probably won't be too frequent.

Thanks for your responses!

Edit: Of course I'll gladly buy anyone that can help me out some ammo, etc as a token of appreciation. I'm really itching to get out and shoot. Thank you!
    Last edited by Brosboro; September 30th, 2011 at 07:39 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: New PAFOA member interested in PMSC

I just went through orientation tonight and this is how it was explained.

You can bring the same guest up to 3 times before they want that person to become a member. Mark (one of the directors, who gave my orientation) explained that they are pretty lenient on the roles of sub members (spouse, children etc) and that if you wanted you could "add the kid next door as a child".

I dont know enough about the range yet to show anyone around & you're not allowed to sponsor anyone for your first year but im sure there are plenty of people around here that wouldn't mind you tagging along.

Also you really dont have to worry about getting sponsors before the membership meeting. If you show up a little early there will be plenty of members willing to sponsor you.

(Allegheny County)

I would be glad to show you around .

Shoot me a pm

(Allegheny County)

I was excited to join so I just went to the orientation meeting last night and signed up. I look forward to seeing you out on the range. I'll figure out the girlfriend details later - 3 visits will be enough to determine if she would just want to join anyway. The price is right that's for sure.

(Allegheny County)

Dont forget to sign up in our club forum .

See you on the range !

(Allegheny County)

Word of caution ... Shawn.L is a bad influence.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF