Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Question Chris Christie for Prez ?!?

Seems the Big Wigs in the Repub party are pushing for the Guv of NJ to enter the race. Ann Coulter ( who is sometimes correct) is pushing for the big guy too.
    What do you fellows from New Jersey think about this ?

DISCLAIMER: Ivan is biased against any politico from North and East of Pa state line unless proven innocent by a jury of my peers.........

Default Re: Chris Christie for Prez ?!?

Joisey can keep their RINO.
    We have enough to choose from already.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Joisey can keep their RINO.
    We have enough to choose from already.
    +1. As a Jersey refugee (been here 6 years, but still have family in NJ), I try to keep up on NJ politics as best I can. Christie is like many of the Republicans in states that lean to the extreme left: he's not a real conservative, he's just less liberal than the extreme leftists who typically have a monopoly on power.

Compared to his liberal contemporaries, he looks good on issues like labor unions, state spending, etc. But when it comes to real core issues like:

- the right to arms
    - illegal immigration
    - use of police power by the government
    - the general belief in limited government in people's lives
    - etc.

he doesn't look very Republican at all.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Bucks County)

Yep....his bluntness is refreshing, his policies..not so much. Move on Chris.

Buuuuuuuuttttt.....if he's what's needed to remove the Communists......so be it.!!!
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Lebanon County)

If he get's the nod, it will prove that the R party wants to be D light, they'll never get me back that way. I already think both parties are opposite sides of the same bad penny.

(Susquehanna County)

So let's understand:

1. A Republican is not always a Conservative. There are "progressive" Republicans and big governemnt republicans. If you want you can call them "establishment Republicans" or Rockefeller Republicans".

2. Conservatives aren't neccessarily "Liberatian" minded. Some are often very close to being "statists" in their views on abortion, individual rights, state's "rights" (powers and responsibilities) and law enforcement "activities".

3. Libertarians miss the boat too on some issues. Not so much in their theory, but in the implementation of policy.

So for this one there isn't going to be a "perfect" candidate. They all have flaws and winning the Presidency is an important goal. And even more important is winning both houses of Congress. So pick your man and back him to the hilt for the party primary. But don't give up and sit out the election if he doesn't get the nomination.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Bucks County)

He's pro gun control, pro undocumented aliens, pro heavy handed law enforcement. Best to have him pass on this cycle, loose re-election, and disappear into history.

Just ask all the people who don't have jobs behind his shenanigans. He's a puppet of those who want to privatize public education for profit. He's also against unions which is a HUGE no no in my book. If unions go away, people's salaries and job security will vanish right along with them. Now before you go grab the lava hose, I do agree that there is a problem with union abuses, i.e, people cashing out unused sick days, etc.

http://thinkprogress.org/education/2...privatization/ (Ive never been to this site, just used it for the article)

He's all about lining his own pockets plain and simple. If he becomes pres, look for the public school system to go bye bye, unions to be cut nationally, the minimum wage attacked and most likely lowered, health benefit prices to rise, and a bunch of other no good stuff. There are MANY things wrong with the public school system but privatizing it or putting it on the internet is NOT the fix.

Theres an ad in NJ on tv that says he's added I think a billion dollars to the school system. ITS A COMPLETELY DECEPTIVE PLAY ON WORDS. Christie fought to keep that billion dollars he tried to take from the school system but the NJEA fought him in court over it and the courts FORCED him to sign over half of that one billion dollars back over to the school system.
    Last edited by Downr@nge; September 28th, 2011 at 08:25 PM.

(Northampton County)

He's a fiscally conservative, anti-gun, pro-police state communist. Absolutely horrible. But no worse for NJ.

Conservative pundits nationwide will continue to rave about him. I've seen it before.

I don't know what it is. But there is something about Republican Governors in NJ. I saw it with Christie Whitman. I was out in California and both Dems and Repubs were arguing with me about what a good job she had done with the state. Her nationwide praise was universal - outside of NJ. Every "accomplishment" they praised her for she actually completely F'd up or otherwise was a simple matter of corruption on the order of hundreds of millions or even billions of dollars. Yet, somehow, McGreevey lost to her by 1 point in the next election even though nobody had ever even heard of him at that point. EVERYBODY just wanted her gone. Heck, after Bush was elected President, even he finally had to can her ass at the EPA when she threw her weight around to protect her husband's business.

I saw Christie's speech last night. It was a very impressive speech that must have required a number of master wordsmiths to skirt the truth like that. Without actually outright lying, he took credit for a whole lot of things he's never done. He's accomplished almost nothing in NJ. Maybe 5% more than the past few, but he "balanced" the budget the same way they have been doing it for 10 years. Don't be fooled by talk of saving $800 million last year or carving out new government employee rules for the future, he's going $10 billion over the $30 billion budget just like all of the govs over the last 10 years. Perhaps give or take $1/2 a billion in his case. He's solved nothing at all, and not even made a dent into any of NJ's problems. Maybe he can get more done with time, but he'll always be a communist anti-gun douchebag.

^^^THIS!!! +1 trillion!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast