Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default current Ranger rod and gun club members

do we have any here??? i have a friend who goes fishing there all the time but never used the range cuz he doesnt shoot.... just wondering how the range is and rules and such... also what limitations they put on you.... any takers???

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: current Ranger rod and gun club members

I have been wondering the same thing, I have been meaning to stop in one evening after work to check it out but never seem to be able to get the time.

I like it. The range is never crowded, although it will be getting busier over the next couple months. Good place to do some precision shooting without distractions or being rushed. The lake is actually rather scenic, as flooded quarries go.

The only rules that are unusual are no human silhouette targets, and only 3 rounds loaded at a time (like the state ranges). That miight be a deal breaker for some, but ther are other places where I can speed-dump full mags when I feel like it.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by renalp View Post
    I like it. The range is never crowded, although it will be getting busier over the next couple months. Good place to do some precision shooting without distractions or being rushed. The lake is actually rather scenic, as flooded quarries go.

The only rules that are unusual are no human silhouette targets, and only 3 rounds loaded at a time (like the state ranges). That miight be a deal breaker for some, but ther are other places where I can speed-dump full mags when I feel like it.
    Thanks for the info. The three round limit is not a concern for me. As you said if i want to dump full mags there are other places. Do you know what the rules are for having guests at the range with you?
    I gave them a call but a message says the clubhouse is currently closed for renovations.

Thanks
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by maxxram View Post
    Thanks for the info. The three round limit is not a concern for me. As you said if i want to dump full mags there are other places. Do you know what the rules are for having guests at the range with you?
    I gave them a call but a message says the clubhouse is currently closed for renovations.
    No guests are permitted. I haven't been recently, so I don't know what's up with the clubhouse. There are usually membership apps outside the door, which you can mail in. Memberships run by calendar year, so you'll only get 3 months for this year.

(Lehigh County)

if you thinking about ranger, guthsville is not that far, a few of us here belong there, no mag restrictions, guest, up to 3, $5 a day per guest. never really crowded except when IDPA matches are run, which is one sunday per month, also small caliber indoor range with a winter league.

(Lehigh County)

I've been a member of Ranger Lake for about 8 years, and I like it alot. 3 rounds only, no human targets, and no guests, but it is rarely crowded (except for the pre-hunt weeks). The range firing line is fully covered, so if it's raining, you only get wet when putting up/taking down targets. The clubhouse has been closed due to flooding with our very wet year. Memberships are available at the caretaker's trailer right next to it. Check website for times.

The lake (quarry) holds some huge fish. It's deep 100+ ft at spots. Electric motors only. They stock the hell out of it with trout during the year, but there are still the usual game fish, as well (bass, catfish, etc.)

Memberships are run calender year, and if you sign up for a full membership, (fishing and range), there's a discount before March.

http://www.rangerrodgun.com/

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrepp61 View Post
    do we have any here??? i have a friend who goes fishing there all the time but never used the range cuz he doesnt shoot.... just wondering how the range is and rules and such... also what limitations they put on you.... any takers???
    Never been a member but used to shoot trap there for the league.

Nice place as I remember.

(Lehigh County)

I am also a current member. I have a range only membership. I use the archery range and run range. They are currently accepting new memberships Fri 6-8, Sat 10-4, and Sun 10-2... Something very close to that... I drive by the sign everyday on my way to work. Im also almost positive it is $30 for the year of just ranges and $55 with fishing...

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrepp61 View Post
    I have shot there many times. Its a nice little range. You cannot shoot automatic or anything more than 3 shots loaded at a time and no human outlines. Although I have never seen anyone ever enforce any of these rules. Everyone there was really nice and respectful. Never had a bad experience with any other shooters.
    Last edited by LilEMT; March 22nd, 2012 at 05:36 PM.
    Then join in the fight that will give you the right to be free! ~Les Mis