Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Passed "Out of My Mind" 10 Miles Back: Picked Up Springfield TRP

So, yes, the SIG 1911 was nice. But, I dunno. It just didn't quite do it for me. So, today, that went, and a used Springfield TRP Tactical SS came home with me. The trigger feels like my Smith 629, it looks good, it's tight, in great shape, etc, but of course, it ain't over 'til the lead flies. I've had 2 Springfield 1911's in the past, and both were reliable, great shooting guns. So, we'll see if this is the keeper. Oh, and BTW, I'm done. That's it. No more trips to gun shops.

"I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

Default Re: Passed "Out of My Mind" 10 Miles Back: Picked Up Springfield TRP

Last trip? Last gun? Yea, right, and all of us here voted for the High Point as the best overall 9mm pistol.

Congratulations. I have said many times that I believe the TRP is the absolute best value on the planet for a 1911, end of story, or at least the end of my story. I believe this gun could go for another $500 and they would still sell, well. BTW, I'm sure it will be a keeper.
    Last edited by harold63; September 26th, 2011 at 07:10 PM. Reason: changed some wording and actually punctuated it correctly, this time.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Venango County)

Awesome gun.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    Last trip? Last gun? Yea, right, and all of us here voted for the High Point as the best overall 9mm pistol.
    Okay, maybe I should rephrase that. My last 1911 for awhile (notice that "awhile" is rather vague).

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    Congratulations. I have said many times that I believe the TRP is the absolute best value on the planet for a 1911, end of story, or at least the end of my story. I believe this gun could go for another $500 and they would still sell, well. BTW, I'm sure it will be a keeper.
    Thanks. I haven't been disappointed by Springfield yet, and I've heard so much good about the TRP, I really believe it will be (a keeper).
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by awdxtc View Post
    Awesome gun.
    Thanks very much!

I have a SA Loaded long slide that when combined with ASYM ammo, is brilliant on the target range. I have had the pleasure of shooting a number of TRP's over the years and am hoping for a day when I have some Chen ammo and someone with a TRP at the range at the same time. I'd really like to see what one will do with that ammo. One of the range masters let me shoot his before he sold it with some Hornaday 200gr. +P JHP, and at 15 yards, five shots looked like a 12 ga slug hole, so I know the TRP is accurate.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Cumberland County)

[QUOTE=marks;1743691]So, yes, the SIG 1911 was nice. But, I dunno. It just didn't quite do it for me. So, today, that went, and a used Springfield TRP Tactical SS came home with me. The trigger feels like my Smith 629, it looks good, it's tight, in great shape, etc, but of course, it ain't over 'til the lead flies. I've had 2 Springfield 1911's in the past, and both were reliable, great shooting guns. So, we'll see if this is the keeper. Oh, and BTW, I'm done. That's it. No more trips to gun shop.[/QUOTE]

You sir, are a shitty liar.

Plus I'm jealous. When you get bored let me know, I'll do better on price than the fun shop will.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Nice piece!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marks View Post
    Oh, and BTW, I'm done. That's it. No more trips to gun shop.[
    You sir, are a shitty liar.

Plus I'm jealous. When you get bored let me know, I'll do better on price than the fun shop will.
    I'm hoping I won't (get bored), but I've said that dozens and dozens of times before. Thanks!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigSauer226 View Post
    Nice piece!
    Thank you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast