Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Gemtech Supressors for .22lr

I'm considering my first NFA item, a 22lr can, but im having trouble getting reliable info on Gemtech.

i have what could be a very good price, but it seems everyone just goes AAC or silencerCo and avoids them. i hear some of the reasons, but hardly anybody mentions the can itself as the problem, just the company.

Thoughts ?

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: Gemtech Supressors for .22lr

We sell a lot of Outbacks. They are a great can for money and now can be taken apart if one so chooses to do so.
    They may not be full auto/multi-caliber rated like others on the market. But we have one with almost 50k rounds through it and it has not been taken apart to be cleaned. Other than a few smacks on wooded table and some crud falling out. It still sounds pretty damn quiet next to a Spectre or Sparrow to my highly calibrated ear
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate7667 View Post
    We sell a lot of Outbacks. They are a great can for money and now can be taken apart if one so chooses to do so.
    They may not be full auto/multi-caliber rated like others on the market. But we have one with almost 50k rounds through it and it has not been taken apart to be cleaned. Other than a few smacks on wooded table and some crud falling out. It still sounds pretty damn quiet next to a Spectre or Sparrow to my highly calibrated ear
    good to hear. after (a lot) of digging i keep finding some reviews similar to yours, with the only 'con' being that it can't be taken apart. This was just from old reviews though.

Looks like I need to start shopping for a SE PA dealer with cheap transfers then.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Roundboy View Post
    I'm considering my first NFA item, a 22lr can, but im having trouble getting reliable info on Gemtech.

I have what could be a very good price, but it seems everyone just goes AAC or silencerCo and avoids them. I hear some of the reasons, but hardly anybody mentions the can itself as the problem, just the company.
    Nothing wrong with Gemtech or their cans, I own five and one more on the way. They have excellent customer service, better than AAC.

There has been some bad blood between Gemtech and AAC, I won't get into it here, but both make quality stuff.

Silencerco makes real nice cans, but only pistol calibers for now. BTW I have two of their cans too.

For a .22 you can't go wrong with Gemtech's Outback II D or the Alpine or the SilencerCo sparrow, it all depends on your needs and budget.