Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

(Northampton County)

Default Will points on drivers license effect renewal of license to carry?

This may be a stupid question and I'm thinking "No" but ....... will points on my drivers license effect the renewal of my license to carry? I just got 2 points on my license for speeding. I got the ticket in NJ but it carries over to PA. It's the first points on my license that I have ever had. I'm not sure how 'strict' Northampton County is when they go to make a decision on a license to carry renewal but mine is about due. Thanks.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Will points on drivers license effect renewal of license to carry?

Nope, 2 points won't make a bit of difference.

(Delaware County)

PA is shall issue, so no... It should not. A moving violation should in no way affect your ability to get a LTCF.

But.... In Nazi Philadelphia, they fail to issue if you have unpaid parking tickets based on the "character clause". Outside of Philly, I doubt you'll have this issue.

(Northampton County)

Thanks for the responses, I feel better. I moved here from New Jersey 7 years ago where everything had that "Nazi Rule" mentality. I guess I was still expecting that even though I'm in a better place now. Thanks again.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark82ndABN View Post
    This may be a stupid question and I'm thinking "No" but ....... will points on my drivers license effect the renewal of my license to carry? I just got 2 points on my license for speeding. I got the ticket in NJ but it carries over to PA. It's the first points on my license that I have ever had. I'm not sure how 'strict' Northampton County is when they go to make a decision on a license to carry renewal but mine is about due. Thanks.
    I wouldn't worry about it. You'll be OK.

Now go to Jewls & get your membership to the East Bangor range.

(Northampton County)

They have done some NICE improvements to that range this year! I've been a member there pretty much ever since I moved here but have only gotten over there twice this year . That will change next week.

Quote Originally Posted by reverserboy View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it. You'll be OK.

Now go to Jewls & get your membership to the East Bangor range.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark82ndABN View Post
    When did points from NJ start carrying over to PA? I've gotten a couple of tickets in NJ and have never had any points on my PA Drivers License. Last ticket was in 2006, so I guess it's possible something has changed since then.

ETA: Points for minor infractions such as speeding, don't transfer to PA.

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms...ets/fs-dlc.pdf
    Last edited by PHLJJS; September 26th, 2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Add info and link

(Northampton County)

It would be great if this is correct. When I went to pay the ticket the lady there told me that by paying the ticket I am "admitting to the infraction" which puts 2 points onto my license. She then told me that it may take a few months but the points would in fact carry over to PA. Being these are the first points I've ever had I didn't even think to question it. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by PHLJJS View Post
    When did points from NJ start carrying over to PA? I've gotten a couple of tickets in NJ and have never had any points on my PA Drivers License. Last ticket was in 2006, so I guess it's possible something has changed since then.

ETA: Points for minor infractions such as speeding, don't transfer to PA.

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms...ets/fs-dlc.pdf

(Philadelphia County)

She was incorrect. The points don't come over.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    She was incorrect. The points don't come over.
    It depends on if PA has a reciprocal agreement with whatever state.

When I had a FL license my PA tickets did apply points on my FL license. And a Texas ticket applied points to my PA license.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast