Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Will points on drivers license effect renewal of license to carry?

This may be a stupid question and I'm thinking "No" but ....... will points on my drivers license effect the renewal of my license to carry? I just got 2 points on my license for speeding. I got the ticket in NJ but it carries over to PA. It's the first points on my license that I have ever had. I'm not sure how 'strict' Northampton County is when they go to make a decision on a license to carry renewal but mine is about due. Thanks.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Will points on drivers license effect renewal of license to carry?

Nope, 2 points won't make a bit of difference.

(Delaware County)

PA is shall issue, so no... It should not. A moving violation should in no way affect your ability to get a LTCF.

But.... In Nazi Philadelphia, they fail to issue if you have unpaid parking tickets based on the "character clause". Outside of Philly, I doubt you'll have this issue.

(Northampton County)

Thanks for the responses, I feel better. I moved here from New Jersey 7 years ago where everything had that "Nazi Rule" mentality. I guess I was still expecting that even though I'm in a better place now. Thanks again.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark82ndABN View Post
    This may be a stupid question and I'm thinking "No" but ....... will points on my drivers license effect the renewal of my license to carry? I just got 2 points on my license for speeding. I got the ticket in NJ but it carries over to PA. It's the first points on my license that I have ever had. I'm not sure how 'strict' Northampton County is when they go to make a decision on a license to carry renewal but mine is about due. Thanks.
    I wouldn't worry about it. You'll be OK.

Now go to Jewls & get your membership to the East Bangor range.

(Northampton County)

They have done some NICE improvements to that range this year! I've been a member there pretty much ever since I moved here but have only gotten over there twice this year . That will change next week.

Quote Originally Posted by reverserboy View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it. You'll be OK.

Now go to Jewls & get your membership to the East Bangor range.

(Philadelphia County)

When did points from NJ start carrying over to PA? I've gotten a couple of tickets in NJ and have never had any points on my PA Drivers License. Last ticket was in 2006, so I guess it's possible something has changed since then.

ETA: Points for minor infractions such as speeding, don't transfer to PA.

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms...ets/fs-dlc.pdf
    Last edited by PHLJJS; September 26th, 2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Add info and link

(Northampton County)

It would be great if this is correct. When I went to pay the ticket the lady there told me that by paying the ticket I am "admitting to the infraction" which puts 2 points onto my license. She then told me that it may take a few months but the points would in fact carry over to PA. Being these are the first points I've ever had I didn't even think to question it. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by PHLJJS View Post
    When did points from NJ start carrying over to PA? I've gotten a couple of tickets in NJ and have never had any points on my PA Drivers License. Last ticket was in 2006, so I guess it's possible something has changed since then.

ETA: Points for minor infractions such as speeding, don't transfer to PA.

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms...ets/fs-dlc.pdf

(Philadelphia County)

She was incorrect. The points don't come over.

No Sir, the 2 points on your drivers license will not affect your application for a LTCF in Pennsylvania. However, I do believe under the Character Clause they could deny you based on your screen name "82nd ABN." Yup, definately a disqualifier.

CL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast