Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Inter Ordnance

(Montgomery County)

Default Inter Ordnance

I am in the market for an AK and was trying to stay away from Century Arms. I have heard and read bad things about their quality. I've been considering one from I.O. out of Monroe. Anyone have one or know anything about their products? I'm a little concerned as I have read a few things showing them indicted and charged with illegal importation. Any information including availability of one here in PA would be appreciated.....thanks......Tim

Default Re: Inter Ordnance

Held one of the all black models at a local store here. It was HEAVY. It didn't look like the build quality was good. The price was decent though at like $400 I do believe.

However after doing some research I saw they got bad reviews. People dislike the company a lot. Customer serivce is lacking greatly.

(Montgomery County)

Guess I might just have to suck it up and spend the money for an Arsenal.

(Beaver County)

Buy a saiga and convert it or inspect the WASRs thoroughly. If you want an arsenal, go for it. If you just want an AK I suggest the above.

(Allegheny County)

Lightbulb Re: Inter Ordnance

CAI stuff is a lot like Chevrolets - don't buy one built on a Monday morning or a Friday afternoon, and the older they are, the better chance you'll get a good one.

A used one that you know is true (no crooked sight tower or ground on bolt) is also a safe bet, and won't run you an arm and a leg like a Norinco, Polytech, Vector, or older Arsenal will.

A good AK is a good investment indeed, but at the END of the day, it's STILL only an... AK...

(Allegheny County)

Century guns are only as good/bad as the subcontracters that make them.

Century Arms rolls like Maronda Homes; they sub-out their build work to the absolute lowest bidder, then supply the lowest bidder with the min amount of materials to do the job to minimum specs, then beat on them to get 'em done - quality of finished work will then be fucked for the sake of production (just like many of Cent's G3s and CETMEs, Tantals, MISRs).

Occasionally a builder will actually do a decent job, like many of the AMDs, "Polish milled 1960", Cent Yugos (if you can find them...).

The WASRs aren't built by Century, merely subbed out for 922 work to allow pgrips, ext mags, U/F, etc.

Either spend low-$ on a WASR or unconverted SAIGA, mid-$ on an AMD, Yugo, Polski milled, or spend up-$ on an Aresenal, converted CHICOM of some type.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Franklin County)

If you inspect the wasr there is no problem with them. It will just cost ya less
    Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    Shoot what you like, like what you shoot.Own what you like, like what you own.

(Pike County)

This place called Henderson sells inspected Century AK's for about $30 more than the non-inspected Century AK's, they're guaranteed to be free of defects.

http://www.hendersondefense.com/stor...nes-50p10.htmt

Currently they're out of stock but they will get more eventually. It's the way I would go.

(Montgomery County)

Thanks guys. I actually found a Yugo underfolder at Insite for a good price (retail that is). Will be anxious to get out and put some holes in paper.

(Blair County)

I have an io inc ak. I like mine. There is alot of misinfo about them. If you search this site for I o inc should be able to find some of my posts about it. Very accurate and more reliable every time I take it out. Despite what others will tell you, it is 100% new parts. I've put about 500 rds so far. Everyone who has looked at it and shot it find the appearance and accuracy to be higher then the 450$ it cost.