Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Glock 21 SF, thoughts?

Hello all,

Before someone inevitably tells me that there are other threads available with this information, let me say that the other threads I have found are a few years old and I would like some new feedback on how the Glock 21 SF pistols have been holding up/performing. I am looking into one currently and would like a final blessing from the good people of PAFOA before I go forward. Thanks for any insight you can give.

God Bless.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Glock 21 SF, thoughts?

I've owned a G21SF since early June and I love the thing. It's my nightstand gun and has never given me a problem in the 500 or so rounds i've put through it. Very smooth and accurate shooter. I don't shoot it as much as i'd like since the ammo is expensive but I always look forward to shooting it. Probably going to add a G30 to the stable at some point as well as the G21 is a little too big for carry for me.

(Lehigh County)

Thank you, I have a gen 3 G21, are they the same size barring the slight grip difference? It does seem like it may be a stretch to carry it. I guess its no worse than carrying a full size 1911 though.

(Montgomery County)

I, like afultz075, use a Gen 3 G21SF as my nightstand gun. I bought it used, have probably had it for almost a year, and it performs flawlessly. I generally carry a G30, but once it's coat wearing weather, I'll probably start carrying that again. Rock solid gun.
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Cumberland County)

Wink Re: Glock 21 SF, thoughts?

i have the 3rd gen 21 std. and a 3rd gen 30 std. love them both. typical glock reliability, durability ect.. don,t hesitate on this purchase. try reloading it makes it more affordable so you can shoot more. either one can be heavy for all day carry. i went to a sob holster for my 30, it spreads the weight across your whole back and waist lots more comfortable. shoot straight be safe, red dog

(Allegheny County)

I've owned a G21SF for the last four years. It isn't at the quality craftmanship of my SIG220, but it's every bit as acurate and reliable. It's nothing pretty to look at but I'd bet my life on it any day.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

I have a Gen 3 G21SF. They're big, fat, ugly things. The ergonomics are....well, Glock. The G21 is probably not a good choice for IWB carry, if that's what you're thinking, & if you have small hands, even a G21 SF might not be for you. It's best to handle one before you decide.

On the plus side, you have typical Glock reliability & 13 rounds of .45 badness in each mag. I don't shoot mine as well as my 1911, or my Sig P220, but I'm sure that's not the guns fault.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    It's nothing pretty to look at
    What glock is.. especially since they all pretty much look alike.

I've had my21SF since Oct of last year. so, almost a year now. It is my carry gun and competition gun. I just sometime swap out some internals for the matches.

Over 15K rounds through it, and only real problems I ever had were caused by bad reloads. Ohh, also if you have a round in the chamber and goto insert a full 13rd mag, it is a little harder to insert it. I learned that at a steel shoot and having the mag drop after the first shot. I've found some threads on this issue in other forums.

That is really the only "problem" I've had with it. It is a great universal gun if you just want it for carry, nightstand or even competition. Swap out the sights though, glock sights suck. There is a thread here on sights for the glock.

Quote Originally Posted by IronButt View Post
    I don't shoot mine as well as my 1911, or my Sig P220, but I'm sure that's not the guns fault.
    This is fairly typical. I don't shoot mine as well as other pistols in my basket, but I wouldn't call it extreme. As I always maintain, it is a good range pistol and a real good defense pistol if you have hands like a bigfoot and you get the trigger timing down. If you want a reliable gun for a good price and don't mind DAO (and don't mind it being a little ugly and a little loose feeling) it is a good choice.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Oh, it's the short frame. You don't need bigfoot hands. Hands that typically come on a linebacker will work fine with it.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast