Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: LTCF

(Monroe County)

Default Re: LTCF

I was talking to my buddy over the weekend. He moved here about 5 years ago, he has not paid a couple years of his Berkheimer and wants to get his LTCF. I told him he needs to in Monroe.

Am I right in telling him that, or does he just need the paper that berkheimer sends him?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by hurst1979olds View Post
    I was talking to my buddy over the weekend. He moved here about 5 years ago, he has not paid a couple years of his Berkheimer and wants to get his LTCF. I told him he needs to in Monroe.

Am I right in telling him that, or does he just need the paper that berkheimer sends him?
    He needs a copy of what he filed. I just submitted mine 2 weeks ago. To be honest, it is impossible to tell by looking at a filled out form whether or not the form has actually been filed and the taxes paid but they probably check. It would probably be against the law and a reason for denial if he falsified documents. And as far as I'm concerned, if I have to pay them, so does everyone else . And I do admit that when I first moved here I did not pay for 5 years but did actually pay them all and got caught up once I found out what they were. It's not that big a deal to them (Berkheimers), they are a private company, not the IRS, so I doubt he'd get into any trouble just going there and paying up. And no, there is no LAW in PA which states that in order to obtain a LTCF you need to submit a Berkheimer's Tax Form but it's the sheriff's responsibility to investigate your "character" and ONE of many ways to do that is to see if you pay your taxes.
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    How many sheriffs actually handle the process personally anyway?
    To the best of my knowledge Sheriff Martin plays no personal role whatsoever in the issuing of LTCFs so I doubt his illness plays any part in delayed approvals. It's just "business as usual" in Monroe County to wait over 30 days. There is one officer who has sat behind the application desk for a good many years named Deputy Benzoni (sp?) who apparently has power trip issues. He's usually pleasant but has this "I'm bigger badder better smarter than you" attitude. That's the only deputy I've ever seen actively involved in the process. There are also "civilian" personnel who work on them as well. He was not there when I dropped off my renewal a couple weeks ago (lucky me) and a very nice lady helped me. She told that since it was a renewal it should only take about 3 weeks. Another thing I've noticed is that sometimes licenses are approved but it takes them a few days to mail the notices and then that takes a day or 2. You can always call and check. I might also add that they in fact sent me a renewal application more than a month prior to when mine was set to expire - I received it exactly one day after I picked one up in person.
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Monroe County)

Received my approval postcard 3 weeks to the day after submitting the forms, just like the woman said at the time. That's pretty quick.
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567