Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Strange things you hear at a jewerly store

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman21 View Post
    There will always be someone stupid enough to do that.
    Oh absolutely, I'm sure it's happened. I think a newbie should start with .38 Special, 2-3" barrel. Barring a round getting stuck inside the barrel, if you can use your thumb to open the chamber you can see it's unloaded And from behind the weapon with the chamber open you can see thru the barrel anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CenterTree View Post
    Well that wouldn't happen if ya just stop prying it off at the nightclubs.

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Doesn't it ever get warm in Wisconsin?[/COLOR]

-------------

When is the time frame for the CC to go through there??

They have 4 seasons in Wisconsin.

Almost winter, winter, still winter, and massive bug infestation.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

We have more seasons than that. We have summer (mosquito season).
    Fall is hard hat season. You ever been hit on the head by a walnut? Then we have hunting season (by the way duck hunting is open now). This includes small game, bear, deer and Mosquito. Archery season bear and deer. Then winter starts and the snowshoes come out. Winter is fun, lakes get hard. Snow is flying. Deep winter the snow is here to stay. Snow plowing starts. Next season is TO DAMN COLD, propane stops working and you have to go up to the top of your chimney and knock off the frozen smoke every couple of days.
    Next we have mud season, that is when the tundra starts to melt. Fishing season starts when the lakes liquify. Back to summer.
    If I cuonted right that is 9 seasons.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz2720 View Post
    We have more seasons than that. We have summer (mosquito season).
    Fall is hard hat season. You ever been hit on the head by a walnut? Then we have hunting season (by the way duck hunting is open now). This includes small game, bear, deer and Mosquito. Archery season bear and deer. Then winter starts and the snowshoes come out. Winter is fun, lakes get hard. Snow is flying. Deep winter the snow is here to stay. Snow plowing starts. Next season is TO DAMN COLD, propane stops working and you have to go up to the top of your chimney and knock off the frozen smoke every couple of days.
    Next we have mud season, that is when the tundra starts to melt. Fishing season starts when the lakes liquify. Back to summer.
    If I cuonted right that is 9 seasons.
    Yeah, I only know it as a tourist sort of guy. My wife is from Crivitiz via Milwakee. I know Green Bay (RIP Al's Hamburgers) well. Our youngest just spent the better part of summer on a farm "up north" and I had the extreme pleasure of boating on the Peshitgo River. We rented a small motor boat and Cheryl got to relive her youth on the river. Her parents owned Twin Oaks general store/campgrounds/hunting mecca in Twin Bridges. Now that you fine folks have acheieved the ability to carry I'll feel a lot better about coming back. While I was there in August I stopped by a gunshop in GB and the owner and I had a good discussion about the prospect of increaed business. While we were doing this an older gentleman came in looking for his new CC weapon. I have a S&W 9VE and I expressed my good experiences with it. Since it was in his price range he bought one from the shop. He picked out a used shotgun too. He was quite happy that he can finally take his own defense into his own hands.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

I was at the local fun shop the other day. There as a guy there buying his wife a gun there were 2 more people looking at hand guns. The Pistol classes were filling up fast. 1 had a couple of opening in the end of Nov. and a couple of openings in the one the first week end in Dec. One thing I found interesting all the Lady only classes were full. At gun shows and gun shops around the number of women handling guns and asking questions is way. I find it great when you hear a woman tell some smart a$$ at a gun show that He is a jerk and just lost a sale. Then the woman walks off to look else where.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

Grizz2720, I liked Wisconsin best when the seasons change. A number of years ago *, I got to the terminal in Green Bay one day in mid-April, at about 10:30 AM, and they had the keg in the middle of the office, the grill full of brats just outside in the garage. Everyone was already "enjoying" things, the party was in full swing.

I knew it didn't have anything to do with the Packers, since it was April, but this Keystone country boy just couldn't help but ask what the he## was going on?

Answer: "First day!"

Question" WTF?"

A: "First day to see the ground - it's been snowed over and invisible for one hundred thirty-three consecutive days. Here. Have a beer".

Flash

* (That was when Wally Tielens had Wisconsin Express)
    "The life unexamined is not worth living." ....... Socrates

Brats and beer at work. Aint it great. A couple of times a year some one will bring a grill in and we cook our own. Beer is now frowned upon. I work an off shift so you still see some here and there tough. I was working OT and got home Sunday morning at 3 am. When I got out of my truck the yipping started. The howling came next. We have a coyote pack in the area and they were hunting along the stream that flows through my property. Man was that Spooky. I heard at least 6 different voices. That's the main reason I carry. We been out here 6 years and have over $300.00 in vet bills because of critters coming after our Dogs. We have Elkhounds. Not small dogs. Plus the Wif saw some Mountain Lion tracks less than a mile from the house a couple of winters ago. Our local Natural Resources people have been saying they don't exist till a couple of years ago when a Wisconsin lion was killed near Chicago. Seems DNA proved it came from Wisconsin.
    Any way back to food. I cooked up some Irish Brats and a big Ham steak on the grill Saturday. I was yelled at by a couple of gray squirrels. They wanted the acorns on the patio. How ever my dinner comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Grizz2720, I liked Wisconsin best when the seasons change. A number of years ago *, I got to the terminal in Green Bay one day in mid-April, at about 10:30 AM, and they had the keg in the middle of the office, the grill full of brats just outside in the garage. Everyone was already "enjoying" things, the party was in full swing.

I knew it didn't have anything to do with the Packers, since it was April, but this Keystone country boy just couldn't help but ask what the he## was going on?

Question" WTF?"

A: "First day to see the ground - it's been snowed over and invisible for one hundred thirty-three consecutive days. Here. Have a beer".

Flash

Enjoy it while you can, they "Used to" let Bernie Brewer slide into a vat of beer after a home run. So if you can curtail Bernie, beer at work can't be far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post

Question" WTF?"

Flash

Enjoy it while you can, they "Used to" let Bernie Brewer slide into a vat of beer after a home run. So if the PC police can curtail Bernie, beer at work can't be far behind.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234