Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Bennett's Gun Shop; Phoenixville

FWIW, I have conducted a sale with John since all these "issues." John is an upstanding citizen, an honest business person, and certainly, in no way, an "asshat." Navigating the legal and tax issues of being an FFL is NOT easy, many people are giving up on it entirely. For people to jump down the throat of one in a mean manner does not help our cause and the future of our second amendment rights. Some of you on this post should be ashamed of yourselves.

Thanks, John, if you find any more nice HK's at estate sales, you know I'm buying!

(Chester County)

Thank's for the feedback and business. REMEMBER, get your doe license applications in for monday. They changed the dates and it is earlier this year.

(Luzerne County)

From day one, we have always used seperate log books to seperate transfers from regular sales.

It helps establish a SOP (standard operating procedure) and evidence.

Aside from pretty clear language that a tax need not be collected, in theory collecting tax on transfers would result in perceived understatement of sales figures.

Your sales tax will not match your sales.

John.....I would encouage your to use seperate bound books as well.....regular inv, transfers, and consignments.......it is a great way to go.
    Chris

570-655-GUNS (4867)
    NEW STORE HOURS!!!!
    Class III Dealer

I'm glad I saw this thread. I'm not terribly far from Phoenixville and could have easily made the mistake of bringing my business to Bennett's.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by BTA88 View Post
    I'm glad I saw this thread. I'm not terribly far from Phoenixville and could have easily made the mistake of bringing my business to Bennett's.
    I dunno about you, but I got mixed feelings about the gun shop from this thread. I couldn't use this thread as a basis to shop, or not shop there. The man made a mistake, very respectfully admitted it, then changed his ways. He disregarded all the name callings, and stayed with the conversation. I give him props. Then somebody said they dealt with him, and it was a good experience. So why would you feel so strong about "dodging the bullet" with him?
    Some say that his discharge is luminous.

Quote Originally Posted by StraussiE WousiE View Post
    I dunno about you, but I got mixed feelings about the gun shop from this thread. I couldn't use this thread as a basis to shop, or not shop there. The man made a mistake, very respectfully admitted it, then changed his ways. He disregarded all the name callings, and stayed with the conversation. I give him props. Then somebody said they dealt with him, and it was a good experience. So why would you feel so strong about "dodging the bullet" with him?
    Personally, I'd rather not roll the dice. I'd rather keep my money than risk it with someone who made the same "mistake" for 30 years.

(Chester County)

Gentlemen; If you have a doubt about my integrity please check my feedback on Gunbroker.com. Also check out some of my auctions while there. You can also call and ask questions.

John

(Chester County)

I don't know, I live only ten minutes away, and never knew that there was any other gun shops in the area besides French Creek Outfitters. If I can go to Bennett and get better prices than French Creek, guess where I'm going. John, I'll have to stop by sometime and check out the place for myself.

(Bucks County)

I won an auction on gunbroker from Bennetts. I only live 30 miles from his shop, but gas back and forth would have been more than what he charged for shipping..which was excessive. After counting bullets in box that was not disclosed was opened, I ended up short on bullets I paid for. His response was he would "give break on shipping on next purchase". Weak at best. First and last.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuakertownRich View Post
    I won an auction on gunbroker from Bennetts. I only live 30 miles from his shop, but gas back and forth would have been more than what he charged for shipping..which was excessive. After counting bullets in box that was not disclosed was opened, I ended up short on bullets I paid for. His response was he would "give break on shipping on next purchase". Weak at best. First and last.
    30 miles roundtrip is like 4 gallons of gas if you avg 15 mpg. Thats roughly 10 dollars. To ship bullets that doesnt seem bad unless its like 2 boxes. How short was the count? Did you order 1000 and get like 900?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast