Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Glock 23 and Scherer 3.5 lb trigger Problem

I ordered a Scherer 3.5 lb trigger connector for my Glock 23 and I am having issues with it and may send it back unless someone could help me. After I install it the slide sticks. When you pull the slide it moves back maybe a 1/4 of an inch then sticks and if you muscle it then it will slide all the way back. If i put the factory connector back in then it functions correctly. They sent me 2 connectors on accident and they both do it. One may stick a little more than the other but they both have the problem. I have even adjusted the bend on the connector to .003 and it still does it. I went to the gun shop and one guy said to grind it but I'm not sure about that. Any ideas or should i just send it back and leave my Glock alone? Thanks to any help you guys can give me.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Glock 23 and Scherer 3.5 lb trigger Problem

did you just put the connector in or did you also put in the accompanying springs (trigger, safety, firing pin)? the slide will stick a little upon racking, but not enough to be concerned, it should take a little more force, but nothing major.

(Cumberland County)

i have put in dozens of the scherer 3.5 connectors with no difficulty. lately they have not been available so i have been using lone wolf,s version. unless scherer has changed something recently you should have no problem. it is probably to late to compare the scherer to the factory connector since you have rebent it. dimensionally they should be the same. the diference is in the angle at the top of the connector.i would put the factory one back in and get another scherer or go with lone wolf. not sure where horsham is but if you get down my way i would be happy to take care of it for you, i have connectors in stock as well as being a glock armorer.
    Last edited by red dog; October 2nd, 2011 at 07:41 PM.

(Bucks County)

I only installed the connector and not all the other parts. Also i have 2 of these connectors and only bent one. The other i left alone. The weird thing is i understand i could have a bad one but not 2 bad ones. I was going to buy the Lone Wolf but i heard this one was better. Also i would come down but your about 2 hrs away. Thanks guys.

(Cumberland County)

yea two hour drive is a bit much, sorry can,t be of more help. fyi i usually do not swap out the springs when doing connector changes unless requested by the gun owner. usually the connector change itself is good enough for a better trigger. i have seen some problems with all the springs and connector change outs, light primer hits resulting in unreliable ignition ect. it is a fine line between reliability and attaining a light trigger pull. i usually recommend more range time with the glocks, familiarity results in more comfort with the trigger. shoot often, shoot straight, have fun, red dog

(Bucks County)

I agree that is why I only bought the trigger. Also just to let you know i fixed it. The angle Ghost recommends is different than Scherer. I could only find the recommendations from Ghost. i called Scherer and talked to a representative which stayed on the phone with me for an hour setting this up. My Glock has the EXO coating so all the tolerances are off compared to standard Glocks. I just had to make the angle less. Actaully it's now less than the factory trigger connector. Today i took it to the range and shot tighter groups ever and the gun performed great. Thanks