Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Anyone have a bobtailed 1911?

Im looking to buy a 1911 and I am really interested in a bobtailed Kimber since I intend to carry it. Does anyone have one and can comment on how it shoots? Also i would love to shoot one and would compensate anyone willing to let me try it out.

Thanks Brett
    Last edited by ScreaminSS01; September 24th, 2011 at 04:54 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Cool Re: Anyone have a bobtailed 1911?

Bow chicka bow-bow. Pro TLE/RL II.

Ya' ever get over to da' 'BURGH?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Anyone have a bobtailed 1911?

Thats a nice Kimber! Who did the bobtail for you? My wife aunt lives in Pittsburg but we dint go there that often. I really want to try one out! There has to be someone closer to me.

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Re: Anyone have a bobtailed 1911?

Quote Originally Posted by ScreaminSS01 View Post
    Thats a nice Kimber! Who did the bobtail for you?
    I bougth it off a member of a different firearm board - the original owner is a LEO in FL. He is also his department's certified 1911 & Glock armorer - he did the bobtail himself, to make it more carry-friendly.

It had about 4k through it, and the finish by then was rattle-canned on! I sent it to VA for cerakoting, and then replaced the grips, springs, and safety, to make the look complete!

(Allegheny County)

I have a dan wesson CBOB, it's a great pistol and carries and shoots like a dream.

Last edited by mpi; September 24th, 2011 at 05:02 PM.
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Lancaster County)

I wish someone from my neck of the woods would post. I would definitely buy a few boxes of ammo for anyone willing to let me shoot one.

(Montgomery County)

I have a Kimber ultra carry. It has no modifications so I don't know if it has what you want to try out.

(Beaver County)

I had a kimber custom carry 5 inch and sold it after putting a thousand rds thru it with 20 or 30 ftf and fte. I now own a Dan Wesson Valor V-Bob 4.25 inch.The wesson is far far a superior weapon in my opinion. I would like to say that the bob'd handle does nothing as far as shooting the gun.It does however make a big difference in carry. The bob'd handle doesn't dig into your waist as does the squared off handle. I love the V-Bob and its as reliable as can be. 5-600 rds. and no failures of any kind. For carry,I think any bob'd 1911 with a 4.25 inch barrel is the way to go......just another opinion.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by joe magarack View Post
    I had a kimber custom carry 5 inch and sold it after putting a thousand rds thru it with 20 or 30 ftf and fte. I now own a Dan Wesson Valor V-Bob 4.25 inch.The wesson is far far a superior weapon in my opinion. I would like to say that the bob'd handle does nothing as far as shooting the gun.It does however make a big difference in carry. The bob'd handle doesn't dig into your waist as does the squared off handle. I love the V-Bob and its as reliable as can be. 5-600 rds. and no failures of any kind. For carry,I think any bob'd 1911 with a 4.25 inch barrel is the way to go......just another opinion.
    Win.

Don't waste your hard earned cash paying for another one of Kimber's ad campaigns. Buy a DW.

If you wanna go north of Dan Wesson price-wise the sky is the limit.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by joe magarack View Post
    I want an all steel black 1911. I shoot my carry guns a lot and a aluminum frame doesn't interest me. I'm concerned about longevity. So the super carry pro hd has my attention at the moment. How many rounds do you have through your DW?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast