Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: wouldn't take my application

Quote Originally Posted by teriaki View Post
    Until your ban expires I can't pm you it seems. I agree with Philbert on trying a professional letter to Lt. King, sent certified mail of course.

(Philadelphia County)

Cool Re: wouldn't take my application

Just so tough guy Teriaki knows, I just read this so I had nothing to do with any infractions or bannings.
    You can say all you want and take out your frustrations here on me since you don't have all your stuff together and ready for when you go down for your app.

I personally made several phone calls prior to going there about my situation and what I would need when I went down. Ironically enough the person I dealt with when I was there was someone I spoke to on the phone and she told me if everyone would just make sure of what is needed for their particular situation prior to coming down with application in hand, all apps would go as smooth as mine.

I did not mean to insult anyone, but reading my post I can see how it could be taken as such, so I'll apologize if anyone's feelings got hurt!!
    Last edited by DanB1722; October 2nd, 2011 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Body Piercing by Glock!!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by comsubin61 View Post
    It doesn't make any sense. You don't have to be a citizen to qualify for a LTCW, as long as you are a legal permanent resident, then you qualify.

Obviousely your passport should be proof enough since it is issued by the USA goverment and it vouches that you are in fact a citizen. The whole world accept the passport as proof of citizenship but not the Philadelphia gun unit?

Are they really so ignorant or are they just plain stupid?
    Actually they may be smarter than we think. They do things like this all the time and get away with it because a lot of people don't know what is right or wrong. They also know some people will just give up if hurdles are thrown in front of them.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by DanB1722 View Post
    I'm sorry BUT<>>...... you know where this is going,

While I do not agree with the way Philly does things (in re to Gun Permits), but following simple directions should be a simple process:

If it states on the Application that they don't accept certain forms of ID, then guess what, they won't accept it, however stupid the reasoning is!!

I also can't believe that someone old enough and mature enough to carry a gun does not have their Birth Certificate. I know it's east to blame everything on others, but how about taking a little responsibility ourselves.

Remember, it's not the people who work at the GPU that make Phila's ridiculous rules. They do, however, like any other employee at any other job, have to follow the rules and guidelines set forth by the completely anal retentive Superiors!!

No, I do not work there, but just like us, The employees at Philly's GPU, get bum raps simply for doing what they have no control over.

Thanx for reading and please don't drag me thru the coals for posting this, I just feel sometimes people want to blame everyone else for their avoidable bad experiences.

Dan
    I agree with your point about the GU personel not making the rules but being bound to follow them. However in this case they were wrong in what rules to apply. Teriaki was born an American citizen and as such he should only needed the same id as any of us to apply.
    I don't think we should have to jump through any hoops to exercise our 2a rights.
    I hope you don't think I was trying to drag you through the hot coals.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Philadelphia County)

Not at all.... You make a very valid point. You're "type" of comment and tact in stating it is how civil forums should work, imho.

Thanx for bringing up a point I overlooked.
    Body Piercing by Glock!!

(Philadelphia County)

Teriaki,

I am in the EXACT same situation (foreign born US citizen) and they won't accept my application. Were you successful in obtaining a permit?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by The Cape View Post
    Teriaki,

I am in the EXACT same situation (foreign born US citizen) and they won't accept my application. Were you successful in obtaining a permit?
    They accepted my application after I brought them my birth certificate issued by the department of state. The 45 days is up on December 8th. Once I have my permit in hand, I will be filing a formal complaint.

(Philadelphia County)

Gee, I wonder who's idea it was to get permit first, then complain later!! REad all posts and you will know!! But thanx anyway T.

If it makes you feel any better, for reasons you may not know, I have to go through all the tedious details you do, plus I actually have to shoot my gun and qualify (at a completly different location) then go to Philly GPU and deal with that.
    One more thing, I have to do it every year, not every 5 years. Congrats on your "acceptance" and good luck with your complaint!!!
    Body Piercing by Glock!!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by DanB1722 View Post
    Gee, I wonder who's idea it was to get permit first, then complain later!! REad all posts and you will know!! But thanx anyway T.
    You're taking credit for what exactly, common sense?

(Philadelphia County)

I just picked up my LTCF a few hours ago, 46 days after they took the application. I got there at 8:30am this morning. It just so happens that they were going to mail out the letter today . Here's the full exchange:

Woman ahead of me: I'm here to pick up my LTCF. Here is the letter I received.

GPU Woman: Have a seat, fill this out.

Me: I'm here to pick up my LTCF.

GPU Woman: Where is your letter?

Me: I don't have a letter.

GPU Woman: How long as it been?

Me: About fifty days.

Woman ahead of me: Oh, it took forever for them to send me the letter, that's not long.

Me: According to the Pennsylvania Uniform Firearms Act they have 45 days to either issue or deny the permit.

GPU Woman: That's only if there aren't any problems. Give me your license.

(after a few minutes of waiting)

GPU Woman: Well, I dug through about 20 boxes and found your letter. It was going to be mailed out today, but since you're here, I'll let you get your permit now.
    That was that. Now comes the official complaint about them not accepting my application the first time I tried.

I think we can say that if you show up to the GPU after 45 days and tell them you're there to pick up your LTCF they'll probably give it to you and that coincidentally it was going to be mailed out that day. I've seen this same set of events posted here a few times now. I may have set a record by actually getting it on the 46th day.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast