Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Permit to cary Denied

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Appeal it.
    If what he says are all the facts then for certain, appeal it. But I am a little uncertain that all the facts were submitted on this blog. As with many other sheriff's, we have a very good man holding this position. He's always been fair and upfront. People have been able to seek him out for personal advice of minor law issues and he's always been helpful. Another thing about our sheriff, I know for a fact he is a very pro gun supporter. At least he was some years ago and unless something truly horrific happened, I doubt he's changed.

I would contact the Clifford PD (again) and do a little self researching. Get info from them and then, if you find nothing against you from them, call the office and request another face to face meeting with Lance. Just don't barge in and expect a sit down at the moment of your convenience, he does have a job to perform. Be polite, respectful and any points or proof of validation as to why he should reconsider.

Tell him of whatever you found out and if there is any way he could reconsider rather than an appeal. Appeals work for or against any sheriff so he doesn't have a need or desire to deny anyone's rights 'willy-nilly' without substance.

One last thing, and just in case, no one should ever attend a concealed carry seminar, which Sheriff Lance most always attends and answers questions, and demand answers to personal disputes. Leave the more intimate questions where they belong, at his office.

Quote Originally Posted by halfpenny View Post
    If what he says are all the facts then for certain, appeal it. But I am a little uncertain that all the facts were submitted on this blog. As with many other sheriff's, we have a very good man holding this position. He's always been fair and upfront. People have been able to seek him out for personal advice of minor law issues and he's always been helpful. Another thing about our sheriff, I know for a fact he is a very pro gun supporter. At least he was some years ago and unless something truly horrific happened, I doubt he's changed.

I would contact the Clifford PD (again) and do a little self researching. Get info from them and then, if you find nothing against you from them, call the office and request another face to face meeting with Lance. Just don't barge in and expect a sit down at the moment of your convenience, he does have a job to perform. Be polite, respectful and any points or proof of validation as to why he should reconsider.

Tell him of whatever you found out and if there is any way he could reconsider rather than an appeal. Appeals work for or against any sheriff so he doesn't have a need or desire to deny anyone's rights 'willy-nilly' without substance.

One last thing, and just in case, no one should ever attend a concealed carry seminar, which Sheriff Lance most always attends and answers questions, and demand answers to personal disputes. Leave the more intimate questions where they belong, at his office.
    You're far more than a half penny short.
    This was resolved in the OP's favor over 11 years ago.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    You're far more than a half penny short.
    This was resolved in the OP's favor over 11 years ago.
    I'm more interested in how someone with only 7 posts even found this thread.

Wonder if it a employee for the dept.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Susquehanna County)

Good news travels slow

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Permit to Carry denied by Susquehanna County Sheriff

Quote Originally Posted by Damage control View Post

snipped

I am so mad what can I do?

Damage Control
    Run for Sheriff.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132