Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Lehigh County LTCF question

Hi guys - so today was my first time ever applying for a PA LTCF. I called ahead of time and a recording said that the license itself is $20 for the paper version but you can get the ID card (with your photo on it, I assume) for $38.

Today they only asked for $20, although they DID take my photograph, and I DO want a ID card when it's all approved. The woman working the computer seemed to be in a bit of a mood so I didn't ask her about the card, she just took my photo, handed me the receipt and said "we'll mail it in 30-45 days."

My question is, when they mail me the paper LTCF, will I have the option of sending in an additional $18 so they send me the ID card too? Or is there some other process?

I tried calling to ask but keep getting the recording.

BTW, the Lehigh County Sheriff's office is NOT in the courthouse, it's in the building across the street. Found some info in searches on here that it was in the courthouse.

Thanks
    Last edited by Storm88000; September 21st, 2011 at 05:39 PM.

(York County)

Default Re: Lehigh County LTCF question

Here's a little "light reading"...

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...page-23-a.html

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Delaware County)

They could dip it in gold and bedazzle diamonds on it. If they charge you more than 20, they are breaking the law

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    They could dip it in gold and bedazzle diamonds on it. If they charge you more than 20, they are breaking the law

This has been my understanding as well. I was leery of saying so because I wasn't following that thread as closely as I should have. I thought the fee, $20, was supposed to cover the cost of the plastic card, and that it was only $25 for a while to cover the cost of upgrading to the new plastic-card system.

amiright?
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm88000 View Post
    Hi guys - so today was my first time ever applying for a PA LTCF. I called ahead of time and a recording said that the license itself is $20 for the paper version but you can get the ID card (with your photo on it, I assume) for $38.

Today they only asked for $20, although they DID take my photograph, and I DO want a ID card when it's all approved. The woman working the computer seemed to be in a bit of a mood so I didn't ask her about the card, she just took my photo, handed me the receipt and said "we'll mail it in 30-45 days."

My question is, when they mail me the paper LTCF, will I have the option of sending in an additional $18 so they send me the ID card too? Or is there some other process?

BTW, the Lehigh County Sheriff's office is NOT in the courthouse, it's in the building across the street. Found some info in searches on here that it was in the courthouse.

Thanks
    Are you sure you went to the LEHIGH County courthouse? I've been to the sheriff's office plenty of times and it is most definitely in the courthouse. A family member just went a few weeks ago and he went to the courthouse. IIRC, the post office is across the street.

I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) the license you get will be a laminated paper license, it should hold up just fine.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Lehigh County)

Thanks
    That recording is wrong, and there is only 1 form of license available by law. It is a small paper card that they should be laminating on site before you get it.

Unless the Sheriff's office just moved it is in the Courthouse.

Here:

RONALD W. ROSSI, Sheriff
    Courthouse- Room 253
    455 West Hamilton Street
    Allentown, PA. 18101-1614
    Phone: 610-782-3175
    Fax: 610-820-3368

http://www.lehighcounty.org/Departme...8/Default.aspx

(Lehigh County)

Hmm - well I walked into the huge granite building that has LEHIGH COURTHOUSE engraved at the top, asked for the Sheriff's office and the security guy pointed and said "across the street, 2nd floor" pretty routinely like it happens often. There were courtrooms inside, across from the actual Sheriff's office that I saw today - BUT I guess the other building is a courthouse too? No idea

Thanks for the info on the card question

Hmm - well I walked into the huge granite building that has LEHIGH COURTHOUSE engraved at the top, asked for the Sheriff's office and the security guy pointed and said "across the street, 2nd floor" pretty routinely like it happens often. There were courtrooms inside, across from the actual Sheriff's office that I saw today - BUT I guess the other building is a courthouse too? No idea

Thanks for the info on the card question
    Ooooo ok I know what you did. You went into the Old Courthouse. There are two courthouses, a new one and an old one. The sheriff's office is in the new one .
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Montgomery County)

get the ID card

Even though it is a state license it fails to meet the state/federal requirements for an ID card.
    The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by zackattack784 View Post
    Ooooo ok I know what you did. You went into the Old Courthouse. There are two courthouses, a new one and an old one. The sheriff's office is in the new one .

Ahh, now it makes sense. I was so confused. I walked into a enormous building that said COURTHOUSE on it at the top in letters the size of a small house, and was told I was in the wrong building

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast