Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Now THAT's concealed carry: Turban bomb kills key Afghan political leader

Quote Originally Posted by Norun6 View Post
    http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/20...ver/?hpt=hp_t1

I'm not sure I'd look good in a turban, but you could really start carrying some heavy hardware!

(Yes, I'm an insensitive as!@#$ole)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    Good idea actually.

Gene
    Don't kid yourselves. There's only so much that you're going to get up there, even in one of those sloppy Afghan jobs.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/new...urbans_27.html

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Now THAT's concealed carry: Turban bomb kills key Afghan political leader

I don't see how any of this is even remotely funny.

That country has troubles stacked on top of problems, and it can ill afford to lose anybody who has the balls to try and bring about peace through the political process.
    I personally believe that making a mockery of this mans death is beneath all of us, and to do so reflects badly on the gun culture as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionboyj View Post

That country has troubles stacked on top of problems, and it can ill afford to lose anybody who has the balls to try and bring about peace through the political process.
    I personally believe that making a mockery of this mans death is beneath all of us, and to do so reflects badly on the gun culture as a whole.
    Yea you're right, but its hard not to laugh at dimwits who think blowing them self up and killing a large group of people will lead to god waiting for them in heaven with 62 dark eyed virgins.

Quote Originally Posted by indianjack View Post
    Yea you're right, but its hard not to laugh at dimwits who think blowing them self up and killing a large group of people will lead to god waiting for them in heaven with 62 dark eyed virgins.
    And the same point could be made about crackers and wine becoming body and blood, and yet, as of 2008, 1.16 billion people on the face of the earth, and that number in just one religion, believe exactly that.

There's still nothing funny about someone so convinced of the holiness of his or her actions that they would be willing to take someone else's life, and their own, in the name of God. God can do just fine on His own at adding to and subtracting from the population without us having to turn to Him for some sort of justification or blessing.

(Allegheny County)

were not mocking the man or his death. we are mocking the method.

Quote Originally Posted by indianjack View Post
    +1 to that. so much for the whole religion of peace concept. if you want to die for your god leave other people out if.

(Westmoreland County)

We're not mocking the victim of the attack, but the f!@#$ng as!@#ole suicide bomber.

There's always one......

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Waldershrek View Post
    There's always one......
    Yup, there is always one guy who will tell you when you've crossed the line.

Yup, there is always one guy who will tell you when you've crossed the line.

It's a league game, Smokey.

(Westmoreland County)

His death isn't funny. The prospect of a Tadzhik talking to a Pashtun about "peace" is funny.

Afghanistan is tribal to a degree that Americans do not understand. People who are natives there do not have a concept of "State" as do Americans or members of NATO. I doubt that most citizens of Afghanistan think of themselves as "Afghans".

Pashtuns are the majority language group. Tadzhiks and Uzbeks are minorities in Afghanistan.

This Tadzhik leader is a nobody to most Afghans. I'm sorry that he died doing what seems like the right thing.

We don't speak for the "gun culture". We speak for ourselves.

Gene

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast