Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GSG M1911

(Dauphin County)

Default GSG M1911

Well, I got back from my wedding/honeymoon and had to immediately visit my LGS. Upon walking in, I see a brand new GSG M1911 in .22 sitting in the case for $350. Of course, I had to handle it and just fell in love with it. I have never owned a 1911 before and also have never had a .22 pistol that really just made me go "wow!", but this thing was the winning combination of both.

How many of you out there have these pistols? Are they picky at all with ammo? What do you normally feed it?

I haven't yet gotten out to the range with it or even cleaned it and oiled it from out of the box, so I'm biting at the bit right now for a nice day where I'm not at work to get out.
    Last edited by daustin; September 20th, 2011 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Fixed terrible typos.

Default Re: GSG M1911

Quote Originally Posted by daustin View Post
    Well, I got back from my wedding/honeymoon and had to immediately visit my LGS. Upon walking in, I see a brand new GSG M1911 in .22 sitting in the case for $350. Of course, I had to handle it and just fell in love with it. I have never owned a 1911 before and also have never had a .22 pistol that really just made me go "wow!", but this thing was the winning combination of both.

How many of you out there have these pistols? Are they picky at all with ammo? What do you normally feed it?

I haven't yet gotten out to the range with it or even cleaned it and oiled it from out of the box, so I'm biting at the bit right now for a nice day where I'm not at work to get out.
    Have one and shoot it fairly regular, more than my 45 1911's.
    I usually just feed mine the Federal bulk packs like WM sells.
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by tdyoung58 View Post
    Have one and shoot it fairly regular, more than my 45 1911's.
    I usually just feed mine the Federal bulk packs like WM sells.
    Good to know. I have probably 80% left of a Federal bulk pack at home so I'll take that out with me when I get it out for the first time. Are you supposed to feed it anything else during a break-in period? Like CCIs or anything else like that? All the other .22 semi-auto pistols I have had have been extremely ammo picky.

(Allegheny County)

Mine has been 10000% flawless on Fed bulk packs, CCI Blazers and MMags, Win red-box, Remmy T-bolts. I haven't pushed the envelope with hollow-points.

As long as it eats cheap T-bolts without issue - that's what I'm shooting!
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    Mine has been 10000% flawless on Fed bulk packs, CCI Blazers and MMags, Win red-box, Remmy T-bolts. I haven't pushed the envelope with hollow-points.

As long as it eats cheap T-bolts without issue - that's what I'm shooting!
    Sweet.

Makes me feel really good about my purchase.

(York County)

Just a heads up for everyone:

I visited my local gun shop about 2 weeks ago, and they had this!!!

This is an actual COLT model 1911 chambered in .22LR. It says COLT, but is really made by Walther for Colt. As you can see, it has a rail, skeletonized hammer, adjustable trigger, Novak-styled sights, beavertail grip, etc. Also, and this is a HUGE plus for me personally, it has the STANDARD length guide rod, NOT a full length guide rod. I personally hate full-length guide rods as I like to "bump-check" or "bump cock" my 1911's. Also makes take-down easier due to not needing a bushing wrench. Price on this was $379.00 I believe. I've been putting of buying one of the 1911 .22LR's to see how they have been performing, but now that I see an actual COLT that I like, I think I'll pull the trigger!!!

- The Delta Force

(Allegheny County)

These Walther-made Colt 1911/22s are sweet. Really like the cosmetics and the 12rd mags vs 10 in my GSG 1911/22.

But, was more bucks and harder to find cheaply on-sale than my GSG 1911/22, so I snagged the GSG.
    Last edited by nfafan; September 20th, 2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: sentance english Structure fix I
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Northampton County)

The GSG 1911 looks sweet. I have been waiting on a S&W M&P 22 but who knows how long before I get that. Anybody know if there is any difference between the GSG 1911 22 and the Sig Sauer 1911 22? How a bout delivery?

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by manthony4563 View Post
    The GSG 1911 looks sweet. I have been waiting on a S&W M&P 22 but who knows how long before I get that. Anybody know if there is any difference between the GSG 1911 22 and the Sig Sauer 1911 22? How a bout delivery?
    Funny you ask that. I asked the same question.

I was talking to the owner at my LGS and he was actually in an argument with a guy about the difference between the two and the guy kept saying the Sig was different because, well, it's a Sig. A week later, he bought it, came back, and laid the two side by side. The only difference? The grips. Other than that they were identical.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by daustin View Post
    The only difference? The grips. Other than that they were identical.
    Actually, there is a differance between the GSG and Sig. PRICE. I believe the Sig costs more.

The Colt (made by Walther) costs more as well at about 399.00. But, you're getting something with the COLT name plastered on it.

You guys want to see something really sweet? Colt has two levels of their .22LR 1911. One is the standard tactical rail gun style as I posted above. The other? A Gold Cup Trophy model!! You pay even more for that I believe, but you get the rubber Colt Gold Cup wrap-around grips, Gold Cup Trophy on the slide, and target sights. Pretty sweet for a .22LR 1911. Here's a pic I found of one.....

- The Delta Force

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast