Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GSG M1911

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: GSG M1911

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeltaForce View Post
    Actually, there is a differance between the GSG and Sig. PRICE. I believe the Sig costs more.

The Colt (made by Walther) costs more as well at about 399.00. But, you're getting something with the COLT name plastered on it.

You guys want to see something really sweet? Colt has two levels of their .22LR 1911. One is the standard tactical rail gun style as I posted above. The other? A Gold Cup Trophy model!! You pay even more for that I believe, but you get the rubber Colt Gold Cup wrap-around grips, Gold Cup Trophy on the slide, and target sights. Pretty sweet for a .22LR 1911. Here's a pic I found of one.....

- The Delta Force
    That Colt even looks identical to the GSG minus having "COLT" stamped on it. You are correct, however on the price point. I believe the Sig model starts at around $450-$500 new.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by manthony4563 View Post
    The GSG 1911 looks sweet. I have been waiting on a S&W M&P 22 but who knows how long before I get that. Anybody know if there is any difference between the GSG 1911 22 and the Sig Sauer 1911 22? How a bout delivery?
    As has been mentioned, cosmetic finishes and price are the big differences between a GSG 1911/22 and SIG 1911/22. FWIW, I have read that GSG makes the SIG Mosquito??

(GSG also makes the guts of the ISSC MK22 "SCAR/22" rifle. Same guts we'll see in their forthcoming .22LR StG44/MP44 and MP40)
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Bucks County)

I have the Sig 1911-22. I bought it new at a gun show for $369.00. It is the same as the GSG to the point that GSG mags will work in the Sig. The story I heard was that GSG, allegedly a sister company of Sig, manufactured the Sig 1911-22 and simply put the Sig name on it. The only difference that I can see is, as pointed out earlier, the grips on the Sig are different. I have shot CCI mini mags, winchester and remington gold dot rounds through the Sig with no problem.

(Northampton County)

There's a very recent thread on the GSG 1911 .22:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/14...1911-22lr.html

My post from it:

Quote Originally Posted by BionicMan View Post
    I love mine. My only complaint is that it shoots high even with the highest front post installed. (it comes with three) When I get some free time I'm going to build up the top of one of my posts with some epoxy, then take it to the range and slowly sand it down until it's spot on. A quick shot of paint after that and it should be the perfect plinking toy. (Or you could save yourself the hassle and just buy an aftermarket front post. I've read there are a few out there.)

(Dauphin County)

Did yours come with the supressor can or did you add that later? I really like that on there. I know my GSG has the twist off end to add an adapter and can on there, but that is the first one I have seen with one actually on there.

(Lackawanna County)

I believe gsg offers a "tactical" version like the above pic that comes with a faux silencer....

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by daustin View Post
    Did yours come with the supressor can or did you add that later? I really like that on there. I know my GSG has the twist off end to add an adapter and can on there, but that is the first one I have seen with one actually on there.
    It's a different trim level of the firearm. It comes with the fake silencer included.

I recently made a topic on this gun and was planning on buying one.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by fastfive0 View Post
    I believe gsg offers a "tactical" version like the above pic that comes with a faux silencer....
    Bingo. The faux suppressor looks cool in the gun case, but the allure wears off pretty quickly once you actually shoot the gun with it attached. The can seems to cause some turbulence that ends up greatly reducing the guns accuracy. My 2-3" groups at 25' turn into 10-12" groups with the can attached. The funny thing about the can is that it DOES actually make the gun noticeably quieter. Not no hearing protection quiet, but the difference is distinguishable.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    As has been mentioned, cosmetic finishes and price are the big differences between a GSG 1911/22 and SIG 1911/22. FWIW, I have read that GSG makes the SIG Mosquito??

(GSG also makes the guts of the ISSC MK22 "SCAR/22" rifle. Same guts we'll see in their forthcoming .22LR StG44/MP44 and MP40)
    The slide on the GSG is die-cast (zinc?), not steel, and the finish isn't very durable. Not that that matters to me much - I picked one up used, and it's a ton of fun for the price!

My week old GSG modified to run a little faster for an upcoming steel match.

Tantric Shooting Team

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast