Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How to purchase a gun in Pa.

I know exactly what you're talking about! I can't wait to live in Pa. There are 2 problems. My husband won't commute and my 88 year old mother in law won't leave the Bronx. We can't leave her alone.

I'm stuck here for now but maybe someday......

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by lithaskye View Post
    I know exactly what you're talking about! I can't wait to live in Pa. There are 2 problems. My husband won't commute and my 88 year old mother in law won't leave the Bronx. We can't leave her alone.

I'm stuck here for now but maybe someday......
    So you can become a PA resident and get a PA driver license with your PA home address and your husband can remain a NY resident. You can still live together. I know a married couple who live mostly in New Jersey. She is a NJ resident and he is a Virginia resident with homes in VA and NJ.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Get that monkey off your back (New York) and become a PA resident then you can join the rest of America.
    Get from behind the Iron curtain.

If your Job is in New York you can always commute. THousands of People from Monroe, Pike, Luzerne, Carbon , Montgomery North Hampton county do it.

Your kids will love you for it. One of my Neighbors up the hill is from the Bronx, they have a vacation/weekend home here and the kids literally cries when its time to back to the Bronx, Here they can ride their ATV's ,shoot their .22's in their back yard, go swim in the streams, catch craw daddies and eat them and no body gives a shit. You can tell when your neighbors bought a new gun- gunshots heard all day saturday- boy i love this place call Pennsylvania, no offense but get out of that Jungle
    I commute. Every single day I'm up at 5 AM and out the door by 6. I work in midtown Manhattan and usually arrive at work by 8AM, give or take 15-20 minutes for traffic. The commute is long and on some days I hate it, but every time I get home, all those feelings disappear and am happy to be back in my own little slice of heaven.

I used to live in NYC. Did it for 10 years while all my guns stayed in a safe in Florida. As soon as I moved out of NYC, I resumed my hobby. Am happy as a pig in poop now!

BTW, my kids love it here too. The Delaware Valley School District is one of the best in the nation.

Now don't forget to tell the animals that it's terrible where you live so they don't follow you with the attitude...I'm doing same for lower Hudson Valley...telling them that don't deserve it, yes, I did say that, that I'm too invested to undo the mistake....trying to send them over the river into Jersey...
    No arsenal ... is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonvalley View Post
    Now don't forget to tell the animals that it's terrible where you live so they don't follow you with the attitude...I'm doing same for lower Hudson Valley...telling them that don't deserve it, yes, I did say that, that I'm too invested to undo the mistake....trying to send them over the river into Jersey...
    I mostly find I get a why would you want to live in pa? I just don't say anything

In a similar situation here, and was just wondering what my options are.

I'm a NYC resident who has a vacation home in beautiful Luzerne county (where my ancestors settled when they came to the U.S.). I have a NYC handgun license (for possession in the home).

I would like to keep a few rifles in PA so I can shoot at Whitetail Preserve in Bloomsburg and hopefully participate in some competitions throughout the region. Specifically, I'm hoping to get an M1 Garand, a Colt MT 6700, and a Springfield M1A.

Unfortunately, giving up my NYC residency to become a PA resident is not possible at the moment.

Would I need an NYC rifle/shotgun permit in order to purchase rifles from a PA FFL?

Would I be limited to purchasing rifles that are NY and NYC legal, even though I'd be storing them in PA and would never bring them into NYC? (For instance, the M1A and the Colt are considered "assault weapons" in NYC.)

Thank you for your help.

(Monroe County)

We've got this place here in the Poconos about 7-miles from the border with Sussex County New Jersey. Go the other way up towards Milford along the Delaware River and a person reaches the corner of Pennsylvania where it meets both the states of New York and New Jersey.

Now, what I find interesting in the town of Milford, Pennsylvania while along a street, a person encounters an old office of the local electric company. There was a sign there to alert the locals about the place now being closed with bills to be paid through their other office in Port Jarvis, New York. I believe that Port Jarvis is the next town over. A branch of the New Jersey transit Commuter Rail trains happen to operate from Port Jarvis, New York into Penn Station, Manhattan.

With that area of PA looking to be nice region, I've often thought of how convenient it would be to live there.
    Last edited by Capt Quahog; December 25th, 2012 at 06:33 PM.
    "Make peaceful revolution impossible, violent revolution is inevitable." JFK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12