Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Opinion Thread > Sub Compact Glocks

Alright, so I'm really itching for a sub-compact Glock as I have been since I picked up my first handgun. I'm really stuck as to which I want though. I'm really not in a position to be able to afford another gun, hence why I have posted at least one of my own for trade in the Classifieds to see if anyone is interested in locally trading...

I handled most of the sub-compact Glocks and most of them are pretty similar as far as weight/feel goes. I have been a fan of 9mm since day one, but I'm starting to open up to other calibers as I try out different guns. My question is what do people prefer as an EDC sub-compact Glock? I am really interested in the 26 and 36, but have not really ventured very far past those two.

(Clinton County)

Default Re: Opinion Thread > Sub Compact Glocks

IMO the Glock 26. Can use any of the glock double stack 9mm mags even the evil 33rd.

I carry my g 26 in a super tuck every day along with a spare G17 mag.

(Beaver County)

I CC a G29 with Meprolight night sights and love it. Not that I'm saying for you to run out and go 10mm but their subs are nice. I'd stick with one that can take the bigger full size and extra high cap mags also. I like to run G20 15 rounders in mine at the range. The biggest and only improvement would be a Pierce grip extension for the extra room for your pinky finger. It makes a night and day improvement of the grip.
    Last edited by DucatiRon; September 6th, 2011 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Crappy cell phone typing
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Monroe County)

What is it about the sub compact models that have your eye? Most people can conceal the compact models without issue, if you have a quality holster and gun belt..
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Dauphin County)

What is it about the sub compact models that have your eye? Most people can conceal the compact models without issue, if you have a quality holster and gun belt..
    The biggest thing about the sub-compact models that I really like is the overall feel. I have slightly larger hands and the Glocks have the wide stance that settles in the hand nicely and the sub-compact just seems to really do it for me, especially with the extended pinky grip on the short magazines. It just feels more natural to me with the sub-compact than the regular compact.

I have handled and fired the compact models and I completely agree that they are, indeed, easy to carry as very ergonomic when firing as well.

IMO the Glock 26. Can use any of the glock double stack 9mm mags even the evil 33rd.

I carry my g 26 in a super tuck every day along with a spare G17 mag.
    It seems that many people do like the 26 and seem to prefer carrying them. I am keeping my options open at this time, but it definitely keeps coming back as I do more searching for different models.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by daustin View Post
    The biggest thing about the sub-compact models that I really like is the overall feel. I have slightly larger hands and the Glocks have the wide stance that settles in the hand nicely and the sub-compact just seems to really do it for me, especially with the extended pinky grip on the short magazines. It just feels more natural to me with the sub-compact than the regular compact.

I have handled and fired the compact models and I completely agree that they are, indeed, easy to carry as very ergonomic when firing as well.
    Are you aware that a sub compact with the extended pinky grip on the magazine will make the grip about the same length as the compact models, there by entirely mitigating the concealability factor the sub compact models offer? You will print entirely the same, you will have less rounds, target sight will be naturally harder to maintain, you will have a shorter barrel leading to less velocity and a shorter sight radius.

If you want the sub compact, go for it. I would like to get one myself some day, just for the hell of it. However, the compact models IMO are a good compromise for concealed carry.

That's just some food for thought I like to pass along to people seeking a sub compact model. If i had to choose, I would probably go with the G27 since I carry a G22, that way I could consolidate ammo and share magazines.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Are you aware that a sub compact with the extended pinky grip on the magazine will make the grip about the same length as the compact models, there by entirely mitigating the concealability factor the sub compact models offer? You will print entirely the same, you will have less rounds, target sight will be naturally harder to maintain, you will have a shorter barrel leading to less velocity and a shorter sight radius.

If you want the sub compact, go for it. I would like to get one myself some day, just for the hell of it. However, the compact models IMO are a good compromise for concealed carry.

That's just some food for thought I like to pass along to people seeking a sub compact model. If i had to choose, I would probably go with the G27 since I carry a G22, that way I could consolidate ammo and share magazines.
    Don't get me wrong. I understand that with a pinky extension that the final length is very similar, if not the same. It is the way that the back of the grip feels in my hand and the overall weight and everything else that just makes it slide right into my hand without any issues at all.

Not to mention, I already have my absolute favorite compact sized gun ready and at my disposal. I have my Sig P6 in 9mm that just runs like a dream. I'm just really looking for a bit more compact as a dedicated EDC that fits well in my hand and can act as a reliable extension of myself to prove faithful in the event I would ever need it. I would not want to be fumbling with something that didn't feel right, no matter how small the discrepancy.

(Cumberland County)

I carried a 27 for six months or so. I loved it, but if I had to do it again I'd go with a 26. Actually I'd go with a 36, but that is a different story altogether.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    I carried a 27 for six months or so. I loved it, but if I had to do it again I'd go with a 26. Actually I'd go with a 36, but that is a different story altogether.
    Exactly where I'm really stuck. Between the 36 and the 26. Why is it that you would go with the 36 over the 26 out of curiosity? Is it just a caliber thing or is it something more?

(Northumberland County)

I wouldn't go with a 36 the size difference of the 30 vs 36 is minimal and you can use G21 mags.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast