Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Laser Sights?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Laser Sights?

I know all about Crimson Trace Laser Grips and other systems but does anybody have any experience with a laser sight system similar to LaserLyte?

Default Re: Laser Sights?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatPhillyGuy View Post
    I know all about Crimson Trace Laser Grips and other systems but does anybody have any experience with a laser sight system similar to LaserLyte?
    I've owned/used 3 different laserlyte sights. Is there anything specific you want to know?

(Philadelphia County)

How easy are they to install/adjust and also how would you rate their overall performance?

Well they make several models that are very different from a mounting perspective.

All the laserlytes i've owned were very easy to adjust, and they've all been very reliable. They also have great customer service, and an upgrade program too.

The one real complaint i have had for all 3 of the laserlytes i had were that that the activation buttons are just too small. For instance, the activation buttons on my Viridian C5L are literally 20x bigger than the activation buttons on my Laserlyte QD/U V3.

What model in particular are you thinking about buying?

My HK P7 with Laserlyte QD/U V3

(Wyoming County)

I have a laser max in one of my Sig 229's...it replaces the guide rod and is right on the money.

(Montgomery County)

You talking about the ones that replace the rear sights?

I had RL-1 from laserlyte for my glock 21sf. I mainly got it to help in training. Otherwise people at the matches called it the gun with the beer cans on top.

I had them installed at the indoor range I use. I only had the sights, I believe they include the punch needed to install them. We didn't have it, but it was easy enough to install with some gentle tapping with a hammer.

My biggest problem, is you prob should locktite the battery cap. That was always coming loose on me and I eventually lost it. But it worked, and nice thing is, no special holster needed, and pretty easy to activate with your thumb.

I only recently removed the laserlyte for something better for match shooting.

(Philadelphia County)

I was looking at the Rear Sight Laser RL-SR for the Ruger SR9C. Is the on/off button that tiny little grey button on the left upright?!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatPhillyGuy View Post
    I was looking at the Rear Sight Laser RL-SR for the Ruger SR9C. Is the on/off button that tiny little grey button on the left upright?!
    I'm probably going to buy the Sig P228 version of that same laser. The button is on the back side of the sight unit, and it is pretty small. However, because of the way it's designed, it seems to be big enough to me.

The one on my QD/U V3 is just too small IMO.

Installing the rear sight laser is no problem i'm sure. If you don't feel up to tackling it send me a PM, and you can swing by my place and i'll put it on for you.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    Installing the rear sight laser is no problem i'm sure. If you don't feel up to tackling it send me a PM, and you can swing by my place and i'll put it on for you.
    I just searched google images for the QD/U V3 and that picture you posted earlier was the first image result. Haha! If I end up getting this sight system I'll let you know what I think. Thank you.