Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Centre County)

Default Re: Same man robs 4 stores in about 13 minutes.

Sheesh, all are right around me. Good thing he didn't demand a Schmagel, it would have cost him at least 15 minutes at the College Ave Sheetz. This is why I always carry, even for the short trips to get grub.

I'm puzzled how the Kia outran the Crown Vics?

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Several things.
    I also frequent the E. College Ave Sheetz (it's our normal gas up/morning coffee, etc. place because it's so close to where I live). We know many of the employees and when talking to them, they said at night they keep very little cash in the drawers. When they get a certain amount, they take out all but what is prescribed by Sheetz procedure and put it where they cannot get it. The robber wasn't in long enough at any of the places for the employees to open all the registers.

Last I heard, the robber(s) probably got less that $1000 total, probably nearer to $600-$700.
    It depends on the corporate policy, but that number sounds about right. When I was working as an assistant manager at a Little Caesar's, we had a time delay safe. The registrer drawer would have $50, the change fund in the main area of the safe (the part you could get at right away) was a few hundred dollars, and everything else (the regular pulls from the register drawer as sales were made) got dropped into the time delay section of the safe. I could access that, but only after starting the countdown timer and waiting 10 minutes (which we did at the end of the night to make the daily deposit).

Of all of the places to rob, convenience stores, fast food places, and like business have got to be some of the dumbest to hit. They know the drill, they're set up to minimize their losses (and to get as much identifying information as they can), and the criminal is risking years of prison time to get a few hundred dollars. Of course, no one ever accused criminals of being smart.

I imagine they'll get this guy eventually, even if evidence from the current batch of robberies doesn't do him in. Four robberies, at that hour, in that timeframe, and along that route, show a level of planning that indicates he'll probably do it again.

(Centre County)

http://www.statecollege.com/news/loc...ce-say-880923/

The Kia Sportage used in four State College-area armed robberies Saturday was discovered Monday night in Spring Township, borough police said Tuesday.

The vehicle is thought to be a rental car that was stolen earlier from Black Walnut Body Works in Bellefonte, police said. It was found abandoned Monday behind Straley Veterinary Associates, 1819 Zion Road, according to a police report.

It's since been taken into state-police custody for processing, State College police Lt. Keith Robb said. He said the car was intact.

Two Patton Township Sheetz stores, a College Township Sheetz and a College Township Uni-Mart were hit in the 13-minute robbery spree early Saturday morning, according to police reports. The suspect, clothed in black, got away from each store with an undisclosed amount of cash, police have said.

Your blog is very informative on the subject that interests me.

(Blair County)

BrickTop, i heard the cops were waiting on Schmagel's so the kia was faster than the cops....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12