Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Venango County)

Default Maurers Trading post

Yesterday my best friend was home from Ohio and we decided to do a little window shopping at Maurers Trading Post in Franklin. I have been kicking around the idea of buying a new handgun for a few months and I thought this would be a good opportunity to do some real shopping. What I am really after is a Glock 20SF, but yesterday I found a Sig P250 compact that I really liked. I noticed that the price was really high. I asked the owner what the best price he could do was. His reply was that the price listed was the best price he could do because Sig regulates what he can sell the guns for. Now I have nothing against this shop, I have bought many guns from them in the past. The owner is very friendly and I enjoy talking with him, but the price he had listed was $709. When I got home I started calling around to make sure I was not out of line on what I thought the price should be. I called about 8 shops in PA including Grice in Clearfield and the Cabelas in PA. What I came up with is that I can buy one for around $430-$465. If I use a site like gun broker I can get an even better deal including shipping. Like I said I am not trying to bad mouth a shop but I just don't understand how someone can expect to sell or justify selling a gun that is priced 75% higher than all the other shops.

(Venango County)

Default Re: Maurers Trading post

Well as a former employee I can tell you that sign doesn't dictate pricing, second when I worked there all of the sigs where reconditioned. Try ace in washington, pa ask for Chris smith he is a big time sig guy.

(Venango County)

Reconditioned? Are you serious? Ace in washington...I will check it out.

(Venango County)

Maurers has lost a lot of respect in the local community. Prices are definitely too high and very little to no negotiating.Personally I wont spend a dime there ever again. I can't abide being outright lied to by a business owner.

JMO
    You know why a banana is like a politician?
    When he first comes in he is green, then he turns yellow and then he's rotten.

(Venango County)

I called them and I told the guy on the phone that I wanted a price on a P250 in 357 sig, he said it was price on request and that he would have to call but in his "book" the price of a 40 S&W was something like $650. I then asked if he had P250s in stock in any caliber (knowing that they did) He said let me look, then said yes we have 9mm 40 and 45 acp. The 40 is $709 as well as the 45 acp. I didn't ask about the 9mm. I said well according to sigs website the MSRP is $521 with night sights. Do your guns have night sights and maybe a few extra mags. The reply was no. I said well why is your price so much higher? His reply was maybe we have the wrong price or maybe our supplier just charges us so that we have to sell them at this price, I will check for you. I said thank you please do and by the way if your supplier is charging you so that you have to charge me almost $200 above MSRP they are ripping us both off. I will be awaiting your call, Thank you.

(Venango County)

Check with Altra Firearms in Jackson Center, they deal a lot in Sigs and I have heard of some great prices being offered there. Maurers used to employ a friend of mine, and based on some of the things he told me, I refuse to do business at the place.

(Butler County)

Had a transfer done there from out of state.They said it came w/out papers. I talked to the seller.Then called back and they didnt look well enough in the box. It was in the box which was in the trash. Nice selection there though...

(Allegheny County)

Used to stop in there regularly. Never saw a price on any gun in there that looked reasonable.
    Koli's back from Ambler.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by blaster668 View Post
    Check with Altra Firearms in Jackson Center, they deal a lot in Sigs and I have heard of some great prices being offered there. Maurers used to employ a friend of mine, and based on some of the things he told me, I refuse to do business at the place.

I had a friend that worked there too. I was really just window shopping but I did like the gun though. It's sad to see a local shop being so unreasonable.

(Elk County)

Maurers was halfway decent when Tom Tarr was still there but things have really changed for the worse since he quit, and Maurers prices are indeed outrageous.

I can't tell you the last time I stopped there because it's been simply a waste of time.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast