Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default 1911 ACT Mags and Good Prices/Service

I suppose this could go in the "Where to Spend Your Money" sub-forum, but it's probably not going to get the attention there that it would here, and I wanted to share my opinion and recommendation.

I was thinking of picking up a few more Wilson Combat mags, but I've never had anything but great results/100% reliability with ACT Mags, and of course, they're significantly less expensive.

I just ordered a few from Greg Cote, who I've dealt with before. His prices are good, and he ships incredibly quickly. So, if you're looking for mags (he does have more than just ACT/1911 mags), check him out:

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/index.ph...index&cPath=62

And no, I have nothing to do with Greg Cote, other than being a customer.
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: 1911 ACT Mags and Good Prices/Service

Here's an example:

Yes, I understand that this doesn't mean the package is shipped, because it's Sunday, but still, I received this within 10 minutes of placing my order. That says something about his operation. I'm guessing I'll have them by Tuesday or Wednesday.

"I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Monroe County)

I have ACT mags for my Sig P220. I've never had a problem either.

(Allegheny County)

My SW 1911 came with Act mags. They worked well so I bought 4 more, since I use the gun in IDPA matches. BTW, I got them from Top Gun Supply (due to a minor snafu, they gave me nickle plated for the same price as blued). Somewhere down the line I read on the interweb that Act mags were prone to cracking at the lips...I checked mine and sure enough, two of the nickle ones had cracks forming. One failed during a match last summer...the other is still working. I called Top Gun and they gave me the name of the importer---PSI. I called and emailed quite a few times and couldn't get ahold of anyone. Bottom line...check your mags for cracks. I'm going to contimue to use mine until the fail but I wouldn't trust my life to them.

...added: I should mention that Top Gun was a joy to deal with and I wouldn't hesitate to deal with them again...I'm just not buying any more Act Mags.
    Last edited by Bib; September 19th, 2011 at 12:06 PM.
    There are three kinds of people in this world....them what's good at math and them what ain't.

(Montgomery County)

Thanks for the info, Bib. I'll check what I have, and be sure to examine them at every cleaning (after each range trip).