Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: What would be the perfect 9mm fullsize for a 15 and 16 year old?

Quote Originally Posted by Huskyoverlord View Post
    Let me guess you are another non-beliver , a hammerless revolver is not striker fired??? I belive in striker fired you belive anything without a hammer is the anti christ , unless HK makes it Tell me what gun is a striker fired or there is none in your world???
    I really have no idea why you appear to fail to comprehend plain English. As I said to you in my last post, striker fired does not refer to the type of trigger action on a given firearm.

Striker fired refers only to the fact that there is no hammer or separate firing pin.

Most bolt action rifles are striker fired. I like striker fired guns just fine. I love my HK P7, which is a striker fired "stapler." I've also owned a variety of other striker fired guns over the years.

I do prefer guns with hammers in most cases, but it's just because i really like the way they look, as well as the extra safety margin that an external hammer offers when reholstering. Though a protruding striker can also offer the same benefits in many cases, such as is the case with the HK P7.

There's a reason i like that gun so much you know. It's not just because it's an HK.

Speaking of which, you can get a Grade C (refers only to the state of the exterior finish) HK P7 W.German police trade in for about $500, and it would be very, very hard to find a more accurate, more reliable, more safe, more unique, more long lasting, and more interesting gun for the OP's boys to own.

I was about 15 or 16 when Die Hard came out and I fell in love with the silver P7M13 (about $1800 and up nowadays for a good NIB used example!) that Euro bad guy Hans Gruber used in the movie.

Last edited by Valorius; September 20th, 2011 at 02:41 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Well now, we certainly have heard a lot of other persons' preferences, haven't we?

Maybe the question should have been: "How can I help my new shooters choose a gun that they like?"

I'd answer that question like this:" Get all your buddies to come to a range day and bring each and every 9mm pistol they have. Let the new shooters try em all, as many times as it takes. Maybe some guys will share more than simply keyboard advice."

You might be surprised what those new shooters find appealing, when they have the whole bill of fare spread out for their consideration.

Barring a big range-day, make a couple of them, and see if there are folks who would let your kiddies shoot their toys.

PM me, I have four or five they might like to try, if you can stand a range day in Franklin County. Now if there are some others ready to let their prized 9's be fondled and fired by your young-uns, they would be welcome, too.

(I just peeked - you're in Butler County. That is a long hike, but the offer is good, regardless.)

Flash
    Great advice.
    Stay frosty....

(Butler County)

Thanks to all of you for your great advice! I appreciate all of your input!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345