Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default SIG-Sauer 1911 Carry Stainless

If you're the kind of person that knows exactly what gun is for you, has it, is happy with it, and doesn't obsess about "what's next", "what's better", "what could be", etc, then you might not understand the mania that's overtaken me. If, on the other hand, you're like most of us here, you'll understand that trading guns like the shops might all shut down tomorrow, is well, just a normal part of a somewhat disturbing and yet also enjoyable addiction.

After getting my hands on the ATI Titan, and finding that it, my RIA Tactical 1911, my Glock 21, and in general, my physically heavier guns are the ones I shoot best, I decided to see what else felt good, looked good, and was in keeping with that philosophy. So, okay already, here's what I took home today:

What appears to be great build quality, a great feeling trigger, Novak style night sights, and I suppose the fact that the gun just "pops" (sure, it's a visual thing too), were the deciding factors. That, and that though I've heard of recent SIG quality issues, my personal experience thus far with SIG Sauer guns, has been all positive.

Because the range I frequent is jam-packed with people due to a Living Social coupon deal (discounted range time package), I won't be taking it out until Monday. Here's hoping it's everything I expect it to be.
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

Default Re: SIG-Sauer 1911 Carry Stainless

Great gun, my Sig 1911 has well over 2000 rounds through it without a single issue other than the stock mags being so much trash. It fed everything that I ever ran through it. FMJ, FN, JHP and even SWCs. The groups that it gave me were tight as could be. Typically 1.5"-1" at 25 yards on cheap PMC ammo. The Sig 1911 that I have been really wanting is commander barrel and slide on a STEEL officer's frame with the radical de-horning like that of the RCS Nitron model. That would be a Sig that I would pay quite a bit of money to own.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Montgomery County)

Why is it that so many manufacturers supply junk mags with their guns. I'll give SIG credit for including two, as many companies are going to one, but why tick off customers and risk your reputation for what . . . a dollar or two? In fact, the ACT mags that ship with most of the Philippine made 1911s, are the only ones I actually feel are decent "stock" mags. I'll probably use the WC mags with this gun.

Thanks for your post/comments. It's good to hear it's been running so well!
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Bucks County)

Marks

Very nice looking gun .. I am sure you will find it a great addition to your collection .. Keep us posted with a range report .. Congrats ..

Brian

Have two Sig 1911's and love them both . . . I'm sure you'll love your's as well
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Raystown View Post
    Marks

Very nice looking gun .. I am sure you will find it a great addition to your collection .. Keep us posted with a range report .. Congrats ..

Brian
    Thanks Brian! I'll add an update after I get out to the range with it.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by tdyoung58 View Post
    Have two Sig 1911's and love them both . . . I'm sure you'll love your's as well
    Thank you! I'm glad to hear that you liked one enough to buy another! Makes me feel good about my choice.