Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Smile Don't want to live in PA, so what's the best alternative?

Hi everybody! Yeah, I am a peace-loving liberal lol But before you start making fun of my username, just know that I agree with gun-owning rights, carrying, etc.

However, this is ONLY thanks to my fiance

Anyway, I'm facing a dilemma right now and I was hoping you guys could help. I'm graduating from Muhlenberg College in May and I'm applying to several grad schools. The ones I'm applying to are all on the East Coast since I don't like the idea of living anywhere else (for various reasons). I want to make this easy for my fiance (we're marrying this upcoming summer), who already lives with me and truly cherishes his gun rights. He is very passionate and interested in gun law and gun rights, and I've really never seen him this enthusiastic about anything. I really want to move to a state where he won't be too inconvenienced by their particular gun laws. He loves PA, but I would rather not stay here. So, I was thinking about applying to schools in the following states/districts lol: New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, and DC. I'd like to live very close to campus (within 15 minutes) no matter where I go, so I'm not looking to live in a dif state from my school (obvious exception is DC)

So which state will make him feel the most at ease after living in PA? (Currently he open-carries a lot, but I think he wouldn't mind too much as long as he can still conceal carry)

THank you soooo much in advance and please let me know if I've left out any important criteria!!

- peacelovinliberal

Default Re: Don't want to live in PA, so what's the best alternative?

Quote Originally Posted by peacelovinliberal View Post
    Hi everybody! Yeah, I am a peace-loving liberal lol But before you start making fun of my username, just know that I agree with gun-owning rights, carrying, etc.

However, this is ONLY thanks to my fiance

Anyway, I'm facing a dilemma right now and I was hoping you guys could help. I'm graduating from Muhlenberg College in May and I'm applying to several grad schools. The ones I'm applying to are all on the East Coast since I don't like the idea of living anywhere else (for various reasons). I want to make this easy for my fiance (we're marrying this upcoming summer), who already lives with me and truly cherishes his gun rights. He is very passionate and interested in gun law and gun rights, and I've really never seen him this enthusiastic about anything. I really want to move to a state where he won't be too inconvenienced by their particular gun laws. He loves PA, but I would rather not stay here. So, I was thinking about applying to schools in the following states/districts lol: New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, and DC. I'd like to live very close to campus (within 15 minutes) no matter where I go, so I'm not looking to live in a dif state from my school (obvious exception is DC)

So which state will make him feel the most at ease after living in PA? (Currently he open-carries a lot, but I think he wouldn't mind too much as long as he can still conceal carry)

THank you soooo much in advance and please let me know if I've left out any important criteria!!

- peacelovinliberal
    New York and New Jersey are NOT pro-gun states, so DO NOT go to either of those. Up in New England, I here they are pretty strict up there too. DC is pretty bad also, so that leaves Virginia. If I had the option that is where I would go for firearm reasons. In NJ there is over 99% rejection rate of conceal carry, it's a MAY issue state.
    SECONDS matter when the Police are MINUTES away!

Virginia is a beautiful place to live, depending upon the area you will be residing in. The gun-laws there are by far the best compared to all of the above you have mentioned.

Even though you want out of Pennsylvania. New York, Mass, Ct, are by far the few worst states in the east. Maryland and New Jersey being aside of them all also.

Here in Maryland conceal carry is by far to come by. Even the majority of officers are denied here in this state. You need good substantial reasoning to carry (Not very 2A friendly) especially the 20 round magazine limit.

(Allegheny County)

when i win the lottery im going to buy a massive ranch in northern new mexico. i may also buy a keyboard with a shift key.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaofTashy View Post
    Even the majority of officers are denied here in this state.
    that makes no sense at all. cops get a free carry permit in maryland and out of state cops carry under leosa.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by PaBimmerGuy View Post
    when i win the lottery im going to buy a massive ranch in northern new mexico. i may also buy a keyboard with a shift key.
    This is not helpful. Also, what do you think the shift key does?

To the others so far; thanks for the suggestions about VA. I was leaning towards this option at first, but then I went on opencarry dot org and it looked like CT was pretty good. Am I wrong?

(Erie County)

Vermont.

Peace!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Montgomery County)

I am a peace-loving liberal lol But before you start making fun of my username...
    Hilarity
    He loves PA, but I would rather not stay here. So, I was thinking about applying to schools in the following states/districts lol: New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, and DC.
    All of those states are rediculously liberal and hate freedom and the gun rights that go along with it, except for Virginia, and Delaware. Thouse would be the only two options for any sane individual. I would pick Pennsylvania in an instant however.
    Last edited by masakarijoe; September 16th, 2011 at 05:37 AM.

(Monroe County)

There is a misconception that I want to clear up here. You do not need to be a liberal to love and desire peace. In fact it seems that most conservatives desire peace more that the violent rhetoric of the left.

States that respect the second amendment are 100% proven to have less crime. An armed society definitely IS a polite society. That being said, NY, NJ, MD, NE, etc....as others have said, are a no go.

Modern Neo-Progressive Liberalism is something I will never understand. It is inherently the most hypocritical system of beliefs I've ever seen. Classic liberalism has become so tainted with entitlement and prejudice that it will never be as pure as it once was with the simple belief of "You do what you want, I'll do what I want, and as long as we don't affect each other we'll be fine." How can a group of people call themselves "liberal" when all they want to do is restrict the rights of others? (This is not directed at you since obviously you have made an exception.) It goes against the definition of the word.
    Last edited by CHEMICAL; September 16th, 2011 at 06:09 AM.

(Monroe County)

What is your major going to be?

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast