Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Tags

(Bucks County)

Default Red Tags

I have an opportunity to hunt a Nursery in 5d. Owner says he has permits (I have not seen them.) According to him, we can shoot buck or doe, including Sundays.
    Any experts?
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Default Re: Red Tags

Enjoy the opportunity.

The nursery is involved in a public land program that opens private land open to hunting.

Look on page 51 of the guide.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    I have an opportunity to hunt a Nursery in 5d. Owner says he has permits (I have not seen them.) According to him, we can shoot buck or doe, including Sundays.
    Any experts?
    Red Tag is doe only, not buck and I could be wrong but I thought it was still M > S, no Sunday hunting.

unless Red Tags have changed
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Washington County)

Red Tag is only antlerless and no sunday hunting.
    Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion, without the discomfort of thought.

John F Kennedy.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCO,R.W.J View Post
    Red Tag is only antlerless and no sunday hunting.
    Thanks for the response.
    Is there a program for nurseries that would include Sundays and/or buck? Owner was saying that he can designate hunters? Said first 2 deer nothing, any others he would have to call PGC to tag. Didn't sound correct to me, thats why I'm asking.
    Last edited by PocketProtector; September 16th, 2011 at 09:11 AM.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Monroe County)

Thanks for the response.
    Is there a program for nurseries that would include Sundays and/or buck? Owner was saying that he can designate hunters? Said first 2 deer nothing, any others he would have to call PGC to tag. Didn't sound correct to me, thats why I'm asking.
    I'm not aware of any level of tag making it okay to hunt on Sundays or take a buck outside of the season.

I know certain area's HAVE contracted out deer assassination attempts to "professional hunters" however those aren't give away tags, I don't know how they work that with the PGC but they often hunt outside legal hours (night hunting)

It sounds like your friend got RedTags which is often known as "crop damage tags". They allow hunting DOE ONLY all year long (weapon doesn't matter, as long as it would be legal during rifle season its legal during the rest of the year). All the way down to the "I have to contact PGC for more tags" because on crop damage you are allotted a specific number of tags only and you need to request more when you report those ones full.

More then likely this is a case of "Its my property I'll do what I want and the PGC can't tell me otherwise" or he just doesn't know the rules.. either way he could get in a shit ton of trouble for putting a redtag on a buck as it would poaching
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I'm not aware of any level of tag making it okay to hunt on Sundays or take a buck outside of the season.

I know certain area's HAVE contracted out deer assassination attempts to "professional hunters" however those aren't give away tags, I don't know how they work that with the PGC but they often hunt outside legal hours (night hunting)

It sounds like your friend got RedTags which is often known as "crop damage tags". They allow hunting DOE ONLY all year long (weapon doesn't matter, as long as it would be legal during rifle season its legal during the rest of the year). All the way down to the "I have to contact PGC for more tags" because on crop damage you are allotted a specific number of tags only and you need to request more when you report those ones full.

More then likely this is a case of "Its my property I'll do what I want and the PGC can't tell me otherwise" or he just doesn't know the rules.. either way he could get in a shit ton of trouble for putting a redtag on a buck as it would poaching
    Exactly what I thought. DMAP tags for hunters are $10.50, there's still excess doe tags here in 5C so I think I'll just go that route.

The bucks are rubbing all the saplings that he grows and I think he's pissed. The bucks are safe until 10/1.

(Monroe County)

Exactly what I thought. DMAP tags for hunters are $10.50, there's still excess doe tags here in 5C so I think I'll just go that route.

The bucks are rubbing all the saplings that he grows and I think he's pissed. The bucks are safe until 10/1.
    If you have open doe tags avail why would you buy DMAP? DMAP are more expensive and only usable in a specific area. There are no areas where a DMAP can be used and a standard antler less cannot, and they are cheaper :P

Only reason I would get DMAP is if standard tags are sold out

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    If you have open doe tags avail why would you buy DMAP? DMAP are more expensive and only usable in a specific area. There are no areas where a DMAP can be used and a standard antler less cannot, and they are cheaper :P

Only reason I would get DMAP is if standard tags are sold out
    Thats what I said.....LOL, I guess I was stuttering....

(Monroe County)

Thats what I said.....LOL, I guess I was stuttering....
    I may have been drunk too.. :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast