Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 300 ACC BLK

(Berks County)

Default 300 ACC BLK

Anyone have experience with the 300 ACC BLK cartridge? I am thinking of a build and wanted to know.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: 300 ACC BLK

A buddy put one together, says it is about the equal of his MP-44 in 7.92X33 Kurz. Really likes it.

(Monroe County)

I am going to wait a while to see how well it performs. I know that Remington had an issue with one batch of ammo already so I am not going to jump onto the bandwagon yet.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye54 View Post
    A buddy put one together, says it is about the equal of his MP-44 in 7.92X33 Kurz. Really likes it.

Very cool that he has MP 44.

[/QUOTE] am going to wait a while to see how well it performs. I know that Remington had an issue with one batch of ammo already so I am not going to jump onto the bandwagon yet.[/QUOTE]

I am mainly interested in the ability to have an effective sub sonic round. I plan on doing all my own loading.

(Bucks County)

Here is my AAC BLK 9" upper on my KAC SR15 SBR lower.

The 300 BLK is works really well. I'm shooting the Remington subsonics and it feels just a little heavier than my MP5. I've been told that the supersonics are a bit more in recoil, but not much.

Just a note about this. The AAC 300 BLK was developed by Robert Silvers, probably one of the smartest guys in the firearms industry. For those that don't know who he is, he's an MIT graduate who patented the PhotoMosaic thing. You know, taking a bunch of little pictures to create a big one.

Robert knows what he's doing and extensively tests his products. The amount of science he puts into his work is mind boggling. I would buy anything he puts out on blind faith.

(Lackawanna County)

yup i agree with micheal, the 300BLK is an amazing round....and silly quiet when subsonic with a silencer! It has the recoil of an mp5, *almost* as quiet as one (different tone,not really louder) and your sending a 220gr 308 round at 1050 fps (16" barrel,shorter barrels are about 50fps less) vs a 9mm 115-147gr bullet at 850-900 fps out of an mp 5sd. Absolutely love mine! Check this vid of my girl shooting the navy qualifier at a recent tourny. In the pit next to her a guy is shooting a 5.56 standard m4 style rifle....about 50 yds from her.....then you hear her shoot

Or listen to the bullet impacting the cardboard

Last edited by fastfive0; September 16th, 2011 at 10:35 AM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by fastfive0 View Post
    yup i agree with micheal, the 300BLK is an amazing round....and silly quiet when subsonic with a silencer! It has the recoil of an mp5, *almost* as quiet as one (different tone,not really louder) and your sending a 220gr 308 round at 1050 fps (16" barrel,shorter barrels are about 50fps less) vs a 9mm 115-147gr bullet at 850-900 fps out of an mp 5sd. Absolutely love mine! Check this vid of my girl shooting the navy qualifier at a recent tourny. In the pit next to her a guy is shooting a 5.56 standard m4 style rifle....about 50 yds from her.....then you hear her shoot

Or listen to the bullet impacting the cardboard

I've seen your video in a lot of places and love it. My AAC 762 can should be here in another month, I can't wait to use it.

Robert has indicated that Remington (who owns AAC), is putting out a bunch of ammo soon, including the UMC cheaper practice type ammo. While not as inexpensive as 223, as the cost of the 300 BLK ammo comes down and availability increases, this round will be very very attractive.

If you are interested in reading more, I encourage you to go to silencertalk.com and go to the 300 BLK sub forum. Robert owns silencer talk and he posts a lot of information regarding the round, the hardware, reloading dyes, etc. It's pretty much the best place to go for 300 BLK information.

(Lackawanna County)

thanks mike, I remember when you started ordering your parts! I also frequent silencertalk and silencerforums.com, I have been in personal contact with R.silvers a few times and he even sent my girl some tshirts and hats for being the first person to shoot a BLK competitively and get it on video! Hopefully the cheap UMC supersonics come out soon! I have begun to reload some subs though and its a lot cheaper to enjoy now!

(Berks County)

Very quite, and I am going to take the plunge. I am looking at Lonestar barrel and billet lower with a LAR upper.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ACRblaze View Post
    Very quite, and I am going to take the plunge. I am looking at Lonestar barrel and billet lower with a LAR upper.
    I'm not quite familiar with that setup. I'd encourage you to check out the AAC upper. It's quite reasonable considering all you get especially if you're getting an SBR upper.

The AAC uppers come with the KAC URX and are very reasonably priced. I think price is like $895, very reasonable as you also get the 51 tooth flash hider.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast