Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: What's your experience been with service departments? Feel free to name manufacturers

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good or bad experience?

3 75.00%
  • Manufacturer?

2 50.00%
  • Type of firearm.

0 0%
  • Did you have to return it more than once?

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Ruger Service Department

As most of you know, I was a little tentative about some machining marks on my new SR1911, and not real happy with the heavy spring tension on the seven round mag. I contacted Ruger, and they paid the freight both ways. I just now received the gun back from Ruger, and its PERFECT! The slide runs like butter, the machining marks are gone, and even the spring tension on the magazine is very much improved. Bravo Zulu for Susan Maxwell, Lisa, Gill, and the entire crew at Prescott. Most folks really bitch about service. This is the 4th time I've used Ruger's service department, and the 4th time I've come away with a big smile on my face. Pass the word. Ruger stands 100% behind their product.

And oh, by the way, this gun is way more than "defense gun accurate". I'm impressed, and it shot to point of aim right out of the box. Its already been broken in with about 350 rounds, fired by a few dozen folks at Rep. Krieger's shoot this summer, and everyone I talked to really likes it. I dropped of a bragging target at Ace Sporting Goods after Krieger's shoot. I don't know if its still there, but its damned impressive.
    WOP 2-The Original Spaghetti Western

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Ruger Service Department

i sent my sr9 back in cuz the mag release was extremely tight... got mine back in less than a week completely fixed... so many people bitch about ruger but imo they are a great american made gun and i plan on getting the sr1911 when funding says i can...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrepp61 View Post
    i sent my sr9 back in cuz the mag release was extremely tight... got mine back in less than a week completely fixed... so many people bitch about ruger but imo they are a great american made gun and i plan on getting the sr1911 when funding says i can...
    If you plan on getting your hands on an SR1911, you best get your money down now, and get on a gun dealer's reserved list. I got lucky, and got the 3rd one delivered from Ace Sporting Goods. Try getting one now. Ruger hit a home run with their 1911, which is good for them. Unfortunately, they can't keep up with demand. Ruger folks have already put out a press release stating they have to increase machines to keep up. Not bad when one gun forces you to buy additional plant capital equipment.

I'm waiting on the Commander size SR1911C, which is being denied right now, but I really believe Ruger will release it at the next SHOT show. I want the first one off the assembly line.
    WOP 2-The Original Spaghetti Western

Thumbs up Re: Ruger Service Department

Ruger service treated me right. Had a trigger issue on a mkIII and they didn't mess around, shipped both ways on their dime (as it should be IMO, but unlike some other mfg's) and it came back absolutely perfect.
    It took them a month but I was forewarned that it would be a 4 week turn around so no complaints.

I've never read bad stuff about their AZ location but I recall reading bad reports of service from Ruger NH. I cannot claim to know of any validity to those stories though......even though they were posted on the Internet.

(Wayne County)

Had a Springfield 1911 that kept stove piping right out of the box. Sent it back to Springfield and never had a problem since. They had to cut down the ejector.

(Allegheny County)

Ruger CS is awesome! I traded for a used Single Six and discovered that the barrel crown was cut off-center. I sent it back and not only did they replace the barrel like I asked them, but they reblued the gun and totally rebuilt it, giving me a new grip frame, wood grips, and a new ejector tube. I was basically given back a brand new gun. I wasn't charged a dime for any of this.

(Indiana County)

4 times you've had to send something back to Ruger?

Ehh, makes me wonder if you are just unlucky or they might have some quality control issues.

The only Rugers I've owned were Super Blackhawks and a Security Six, no problems with them, but they were used and could have seen the factory for repairs I suppose before I got them.

The only issue I have with Ruger is the mark. III Disassembly and re-assembly. I don't care that its just a target .22. Designing something that you know is far from idiot proof and then expecting these same idiots to deal with it is a bad idea. That said, if you make something idiot proof, someone is sure to invent a better idiot.

I have sent firearms back to HK twice. One of those times the gun was bought used and they still honored the lifetime warranty, no questions asked. The second time, they replaced the entire gun for free.

I had to send my P220 Stainless Elite back to Sig Sauer once and it was fixed the first time with no issues. Victoria was my CSR and handled the thing with professionalism.

Overall, I've had good experiences with CS departments.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Lycoming County)

We had to send a Beretta NEOS back for a company upgrade and it went great.

There in back in a short time.

One "10" here for Beretta's Customer Service.

Pistol Packin Preacher

(Bradford County)

Ruger service is second to none. I've owned, and own, a ton of Rugers and a few have been less than perfect along the way. Nevertheless, I've sent some back for some pretty nit-picky stuff, ones I purchased new and others used, and they all came back better than I hoped for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast