Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Indiana County)

Default Re: Any NFA experiences in Allegheny County?

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    I'd like to find a written application that was denied for that "they are for hit men" reason.
    He's not joking, one of my coworkers was hoping to get one for his P22 and was told by a deput sheriff not to even bother trying.

Hopefully things change up here in after the next sheriff election.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    I'd like to find a written application that was denied for that "they are for hit men" reason.
    They don't have to put ANYTHING in writing as to why they won't sign.

Their "priviledge" to ignore you if they "feel like it". Like trying to get a case heard by the robed SCroTUmS in Washington... if they feel like it.

C. Erb told me to file a "writ of mandimus" forcing them to "do their duty" and sign.

If your'e stuck in city limits, try the DA's office if the CLEOs blow you off. The DAs are used to the black and white of the law vs. the "feelings" the CLEOs can illegally get away with.

Else, try your local PD and progress to DA.

Personal suggestion for a CLEO signoff; go looking like you are interviewing for a job. A theory, no proof that a guy in a suit stands a better chance than a guy in a wife-beater, tats 'n at all hanging out.

Another "paranoid theory" - the less "nasty" the NFA item; the more inclined they may be to sign off. Like a signature on a 1921 TSMG or STEN as opposed to an AR or silencer. Something a bit less threatening about a guy with a "collectible" as opposed to a guy with a current LEO-level NFA-EBR. No proof of this, just a hunch.

Good luck. Understanding what you end up going thru to BUY an NFA - explains why it is so hard to SELL an NFA.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Allegheny County)

Hey All,
    New to the forums here, but I just ordered a suppressor from a dealer in Texas on Friday. It's getting transferred to a dealer up here (Bloodhound Arms). When I talked to him, he said that Mullen's reluctance to sign is a thing of the past, and that he hasn't had an issue with it recently. I will know for sure when the suppressor arrives, and I go there in person. Will let you all know either way.

(Allegheny County)

I want to update this thread again. Did anybody in the Allegheny County area get a suppressor recently? If so, did you have to do a trust or did the Sheriff sign off on it? Thanks.

(Allegheny County)

I got the sheriff to sign off on mine at the courthouse downtown with no problems whatsoever - didn't have to go the trust route. That was back at the beginning of April. Hoping for a suppressor around Thanksgiving

(Allegheny County)

I actually went to route of a trust instead. An old roomate of mine from college is a lawyer in the Pittsburgh area so he did one up for me. Alot cheaper than others were charging as well so it didn't make it too much of an extra expense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12