Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default The Armory - Rt 209 by Polk School?

Anyone know anything about this shop? their grand opening is supposed to be this weekend. Its a little before the driving range if you are heading West, right after if you are heading East
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: The Armory - Rt 209 by Polk School?

Live about 2 miles away. I have seen work going on and then the sign is up with phone number. Will have to stop in if any activity is going on and get info.

(Monroe County)

Anyone make it to their grand opening?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Carbon County)

I didnt make it to the grand opening but I did stop in yesterday. A friend and I went in and spent over an hour looking at guns and spekaing to the sales reps about them. They are very knowledgeable and answered every question we had. Even though they knew I would not be buying that day and maybe never, they were as customer centric as any business could be and quite a few businesses could learn something from it. They will let you do anything with the gun short of firing it and their selection is good. I like the setup. Each piece is laid flat and labled easily and clearly so you know what you are looking at and what you like. One of the gentlemen even went as far to unholster, unload and dismember his sidearm to explian the details of cleaning and assembling his 1911. I walked out of the store with a better idea of what I want from a rifle, shotgun and handgun. Now I just have to decide which one I want.

To test their customer service I went to a store down the road, which is moving to easton soon and I didnt feel a freindly environment. I felt like I was a customer and was lucky to be provided with their service, like they werent fighting for my sale. If that makes any sense.

All in all, this is the store I'll be going to with questions, concerns and purchases. They have big things planned for the future, great prices and their customer service is 2nd to none. They also do gunsmithing and will only charge for the parts, not the installation. They can get nearly anything-to an extent- and they offer a 10% discount on EVERYTHING in the store to military vets.

Best advice I can offer is stop in and see for yourself.

(Monroe County)

^^^^^
    First and only post? Sounds kinda fishy to me... Im just glad I no longer have a reason to go to the west end any more!
    Last edited by reichebrown; March 6th, 2012 at 10:39 PM.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by tpg1188 View Post
    I didnt make it to the grand opening but I did stop in yesterday. A friend and I went in and spent over an hour looking at guns and spekaing to the sales reps about them. They are very knowledgeable and answered every question we had. Even though they knew I would not be buying that day and maybe never, they were as customer centric as any business could be and quite a few businesses could learn something from it. They will let you do anything with the gun short of firing it and their selection is good. I like the setup. Each piece is laid flat and labled easily and clearly so you know what you are looking at and what you like. One of the gentlemen even went as far to unholster, unload and dismember his sidearm to explian the details of cleaning and assembling his 1911. I walked out of the store with a better idea of what I want from a rifle, shotgun and handgun. Now I just have to decide which one I want.

To test their customer service I went to a store down the road, which is moving to easton soon and I didnt feel a freindly environment. I felt like I was a customer and was lucky to be provided with their service, like they werent fighting for my sale. If that makes any sense.

All in all, this is the store I'll be going to with questions, concerns and purchases. They have big things planned for the future, great prices and their customer service is 2nd to none. They also do gunsmithing and will only charge for the parts, not the installation. They can get nearly anything-to an extent- and they offer a 10% discount on EVERYTHING in the store to military vets.

Best advice I can offer is stop in and see for yourself.
    good prices ? maybe you were in walmart, because you didnt go into that store.
    a big selection?? again, maybe you were in "that shop down the road" because i didnt see nothing in that place.
    big plans, and 10% discount? maybe you need to go to lens crafters and have your eyes checked

(Pike County)

I am not familiar with Polk school, where is this place in relation to the Foxmore and the strip mall with Sunoco? Do they have a physical address?
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    I am not familiar with Polk school, where is this place in relation to the Foxmore and the strip mall with Sunoco? Do they have a physical address?
    its down on 209 just north of 534.

(Carbon County)

must have been the owner or his buddy

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by reichebrown View Post
    ^^^^^
    First and only post? Sounds kinda fishy to me... Im just glad I no longer have a reason to go to the west end any more!
    Bold . Me to!!!

I am now being told this guy is telling people he put me out of business. LOL!

It's a small world with allot of Drama queens the gun business is. Dealers and customers!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast