Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: 82-year-old Korean War veteran shoots, wounds two burglars

Quote Originally Posted by LilEMT View Post
    I'm having trouble seeing this as a justified shooting. He was not in fear of his life. They were not in his home... He shouldn't have discharged a weapon.... That simple.

I would feel totally different if they were inside the home. But as it stands, with the facts we have now. He will most likely hang for it, as he should.

*Flame suit on*
    I understand where your coming from, but I can see where the man is coming from too. He served his country, has watched as it has gone down the toilet, is too old to but up much fight once the idiots gained entrance and well......he's had enough. "Eff it, I've had enough of this bullshit." So far as he's concerned, the revolution is on. Someone is going to fire the first shot, maybe it was him.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    I understand where your coming from, but I can see where the man is coming from too. He served his country, has watched as it has gone down the toilet, is too old to but up much fight once the idiots gained entrance and well......he's had enough. "Eff it, I've had enough of this bullshit." So far as he's concerned, the revolution is on. Someone is going to fire the first shot, maybe it was him.
    I'm with on this one ErSwnn !!!
    Jesus is Lord !

Quote Originally Posted by LilEMT View Post
    I'm having trouble seeing this as a justified shooting. He was not in fear of his life. They were not in his home... He shouldn't have discharged a weapon.... That simple.

I would feel totally different if they were inside the home. But as it stands, with the facts we have now. He will most likely hang for it, as he should.

*Flame suit on*
    So he should have let them climb in first?

Then all is honky dory?

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    So he should have let them climb in first?

Then all is honky dory?
    Going strickly by legal definition it seems the old guy wasn't quite yet in the position of needing to take the shot. I think LilEMT has a valid point, even if I do support the old vet who probably just had his fill of assholes. If you don't want old men shooting at you, don't mess with them. This is just one of those things, he shouldn't have done it, but most of have wanted to at some point or another.

I still say just let the guy go.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Northampton County)

Honestly in this situation I believe that both sides of the coin have merrit. I'm just curious if others would feel his actions were justified if he would have inadvertanly shot someone else while trying to shoot them.
    Then join in the fight that will give you the right to be free! ~Les Mis

Yet another case for Jury Nullification. If you were in a similar set of circumstances would you do the exact same thing? If you can convince the jury to see the situation through the eyes of an 82 year old vet then I would say he walks.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Lancaster County)

It's really saddening that we take this as normal for some states in this country. The DA deserves worse punishment than the criminals.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123