Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: 82-year-old Korean War veteran shoots, wounds two burglars

A 22 for self defense,no way,never happened.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    If the judge was smart (and he sounds like a KLIN - TON I appointee... ), he'd give the old vet a medal, and stick the hoodlums in stocks in the town square for a month or two.

Enduring the ridicule of small children, and having the community come by & hurl insults and garbage at them, seems just about right, for attacking an old, honorable, veteran.
    Now that sounds like a wonderful idea,leave it to you War Wagon to come up with something that good ,thanks !
    Jesus is Lord !

Quote Originally Posted by mollymayhem82 View Post
    My first thought!

"We used to stack fucks like you this high in Korea"

Ok first thing.

"“He watches ball games with him. I’m sure Charlie didn’t know it was Joey,” said Janice Ross.

In a report filed in court by Revere Police Officer Leo MacAskill, Dicino said Evelyn O’Neil and Ross tried to break in to his home but ran away from the house after he called police.

At 1:35 a.m., the pair returned and Dicino said O’Neil threw a rock through the bay window next to his front door."

So they were coming bact at 1:35 AM to finish watching the ball game? Comon.

And Second.

"MacAskill’s report states that O’Neil and Ross “frequent” the marshy area but, as of Wednesday, no charges had been filed against the pair."

So they charge the old guy but let the burglars walk. WTF is wrong with our Criminal Justice system?

I'm clearly missing something here. As much as I empathize with the old guy (I'm getting to be one myself), I'm having a tough time seeing anything that justifies this shooting. Two kids try unsuccessfully to break into his house. He calls the cops. They come back later and the girl throws a rock through his window. They're out on the lawn. He opens a second floor window and shoots at them.

They never got inside his house. He shot them from the second story. Reasonably scared? OK. Reasonably in fear of death or grave bodily injury? Seems like a long, long stretch. I'm sure I'd be a guest of the graybar hotel if I did anything like this. He'll get off because he's an 82 year old veteran, not because he did the right thing.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by indianjack View Post
    Ok first thing.

"“He watches ball games with him. I’m sure Charlie didn’t know it was Joey,” said Janice Ross.

In a report filed in court by Revere Police Officer Leo MacAskill, Dicino said Evelyn O’Neil and Ross tried to break in to his home but ran away from the house after he called police.

At 1:35 a.m., the pair returned and Dicino said O’Neil threw a rock through the bay window next to his front door."

So they were coming bact at 1:35 AM to finish watching the ball game? Comon.

And Second.

"MacAskill’s report states that O’Neil and Ross “frequent” the marshy area but, as of Wednesday, no charges had been filed against the pair."

So they charge the old guy but let the burglars walk. WTF is wrong with our Criminal Justice system?
    Just one more thing that makes my head feel like it's gonna explode. We really need to change some of the judges we have
    Jesus is Lord !

(Philadelphia County)

Sounds like HB 1860 could have helped here.
    1988 Sig P226, 1988 Porsche 911, Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    REVERE - A prosecutor and police said an 82-year-old Korean War veteran shot and wounded two people who tried to break into his home early Wednesday morning and threw a rock through one of his front windows.

Judge James Wexler released Charles Dicino of 8 Calumet St. on personal recognizance after Dicino pleaded innocent in Chelsea District Court to two counts of armed assault with intent to murder, two counts of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building.

Brandt described Ross’ bullet wound and a gunshot to the leg sustained by O’Neil as non life-threatening. Police confiscated a .22-caliber bolt-action rifle from Dicino’s home.

http://itemlive.com/articles/2011/09/08/news/news01.txt
    They fucking arrested an 82 year old war veteran for defending himself and his home?

WTF.

What's that saying about picking a fight with an old man? He'll just kill ya is the jest of it. I suppose two more miscrents know that now. I'm guessing that he's not going to get bothered much anymore. What say we all chip in and gets this man another medal?
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Northampton County)

I'm having trouble seeing this as a justified shooting. He was not in fear of his life. They were not in his home... He shouldn't have discharged a weapon.... That simple.

I would feel totally different if they were inside the home. But as it stands, with the facts we have now. He will most likely hang for it, as he should.

*Flame suit on*
    Then join in the fight that will give you the right to be free! ~Les Mis

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast