Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Custom Engraving

For a while we have been toying with the idea of adding laser engraving to our business. We took the first step by selecting a manufacturer and having some test samples done. I selected Epliog Laser for a laser engraver ,one that would handle a variety of jobs from checkering a wood stock to metal engraving logos,custom artwork, serial numbers, SBR and NFA trust engraving. The samples came back on Friday and they look pretty good. I selected epilog because they are a US company and I would not half to worry about the service and repair of the equipment. It cost's almost twice as much as their Chinese competitor's . The slides in the pictures were laser engraved not etched. The depth of the cuts are adjustable. I had them give me 4 different depths so that when we re-coat the slides with cerakote we can take a look at how the logo is affected by coating. I was also pleasantly surprised to see that the laser engraving barely damaged any of the surrounding cerakote finish. The next step is to get the equipment in the stop for a demonstration and training. Of course if you should read that I am suddenly deceased that means that my wife has killed me for buying this equipment. Anyways here are some photos of the two slides that they did with our logo. Look closely at the cuts all 4 are different depths. Brian /EFR

www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Custom Engraving

Looks good. Only one I didn't like was the first pic. Looked to deep for me. It's good to know that you offering these services since your local to me. Now I know where to go if I ever need some engraving.

(Northampton County)

If I bead blasted it with aluminum oxide and re-coated it it would smooth out some and fill in some. This is why I posted the pics in the raw to show the depth of the cut. The next step will be to refinish the slides and see how much fills in. I am in the early stages of this process so your feedback is appreciated. If all goes well we should be able to accept work logos and artwork by mid May to June serial # ,NFA and SBR engraving will take longer to get thru the ATF process. Brian /EFR

(Montgomery County)

Brian,

I'm glad to see that you're doing well enough that you're reinvesting back into the company and providing additional services.

I've been bouncing around the idea of sending my SPR for cerakoting and may pull the trigger sooner than later.

(Northampton County)

I'll try and keep up on this thread so I know when you are up and running. I will be bringing at least one of my 1911 slides down to get engraved.

(Chester County)

I have a few form 1's waiting. Any idea on when you may be opperational? I have family in that area and would love to give someone local the business.

(Chester County)

Great to hear you're adding new services!

I'm going to need some engraving on a receiver that will be part of an SBR build. I'm also toying with the idea of having the upper and lower coated.

(Northampton County)

The ATF approval will take some time. I am hoping to have the engraving / artwork and logos up and ready to go by Mid may to Jun and to have pricing ready. We need to undergo training and of course we will practice on bar stock steel before starting on firearms.

(Pike County)

If I do recall correctly...

You can do NFA/SBR/SMG and trust stuff now. The owner must be there while you engrave the item. So they can walk in, do engraving and walk out with finished product. They CAN notdrop off or ship it to you, they must acompany the NFA item through the full process.

That is until you do the NFA paperwork and hoopla.

Basically same rule as shooting the NFA items. who everthe paper work lists as owner. Must be there, cant be lent out to a friend etc.

on edit--I have a SBR AR that needs some info done. Can you get down in the trigger area with the new engraving set up?

(Schuylkill County)

Pmed you with a question.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast