Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

Default Re: FN Five SeveN pistol

I have a supply of them. I can do custom projects for a good deal less than retail prices if you or anyone else is interested.

BTW, in the past week i tested my own personal level IIIA US Armor vest. Can you believe the thing stopped FN SS195, FN SS192 and FN SS198 LE only green tip!?!?!

I couldn't either....thankfully i video'd it. I'll upload it to you tube tomorrow. I was STUNNED at how well my circa 1997 US Armor IIIA vest performed. It's good to know this thing has been keeping me safe at work for the past decade. It's a beast and i didn't even realize it!

I have in the past personally shot all three of those rounds through different IIIA vests, and seen other people shoot SS198 and SS192 through IIIA vests in other video tests as well.

SS192: Penetrated 15 layers
    SS195 blue box: penetrated 10 layers
    SS198 green tip: Penetrated 20 layers

Elite S4M still shot right clean through it though, and stuck itself in the 9/16" ballistic plate i was using as a backstop.

Armored backpack i made with 9/16" fiberglass armored plates:

Plate riding securely in backpack hydration pouch:

Plate removed from pack, how do you like my "logo"?

(plate is encased in duct tape for 2 reasons: 1) to water proof it, 2) to provide a high level of anti-spall lamination, increasing this armor's already impressive multi-hit capability considerably)

My M&P-15/22 resting on a bipod and peeking out from behind the backpack:

As can be clearly seen, if laying prone behind the pack in this manner, you would be protected to an extremely high level from virtually ALL pistol fire (though the FN SS190 steel core AP or Elite T6 -might- be able to penetrate the 9/16" plates, i have not tested either against this armor yet), virtually ALL SMG fire, ALL shotgun fire, many types of carbine (.30 US GI for instance), and even some rifle fire (.30-30 or .35 Rem or even .45-70, would fail miserably against these plates).
    Last edited by Valorius; November 29th, 2012 at 02:06 AM.