Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Range Report .. Sig P239

Headed to Classic Pistol today with the Sig P239 and the newest addition the Sig P229 .. And brought along the Ruger Mark II also .. Shooting went well, as I also bought along my 2 pairs of new glasses to try, and adjust to them and to see what glasses I shoot better with ...

I have been shooting alot better of late .. if I have a single problem would be that I find myself shooting and hitting a bit low to the left .. I made sure i didnt jerk forward .. and took my time with every shot .. I have attached a picture that I took where I shot my P239 .. 9mm at 7 yards .. get in a good shot then slowly fall low and to the left .. I have been making sure I concentrate one each shot .. With the new glasses it's either wear them and focus on the front a bit better or not wear then and see the target a bit better .. I find myself shooting better with my " reader's " as I can get a good look at the front sight .. Target is blurry but I can see what I am shooting at pretty good ..

Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Range Report .. Sig P239

Quote Originally Posted by Raystown View Post
    Headed to Classic Pistol today with the Sig P239 and the newest addition the Sig P229 .. And brought along the Ruger Mark II also .. Shooting went well, as I also bought along my 2 pairs of new glasses to try, and adjust to them and to see what glasses I shoot better with ...

I have been shooting alot better of late .. if I have a single problem would be that I find myself shooting and hitting a bit low to the left .. I made sure i didnt jerk forward .. and took my time with every shot .. I have attached a picture that I took where I shot my P239 .. 9mm at 7 yards .. get in a good shot then slowly fall low and to the left .. I have been making sure I concentrate one each shot .. With the new glasses it's either wear them and focus on the front a bit better or not wear then and see the target a bit better .. I find myself shooting better with my " reader's " as I can get a good look at the front sight .. Target is blurry but I can see what I am shooting at pretty good ..

Brian
    Low and left is typically squeezing with the fingers for a right handed shooter. It's common to anticipate the drop of the hammer by tightening your grip, which pulls the muzzle low and left.

You're doing good. Keep practicing. Try to treat every shot like it's the first. Concentrate on each facet of shooting, in turn. Consistent is accurate.
    Kevin Singleton, Potawatomi - {ZRT - Sector 4}

(Montgomery County)

moved to the PISTOLS forum.. we set the place p with different forum categories for a REASON.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
    moved to the PISTOLS forum.. we set the place p with different forum categories for a REASON.
    That's certainly true, but cut the new guy a little slack, no?

Rays, I have 3 separate pistols with crimson trace grips, we outta meet up so you can give them a try. It may be easier than using traditional sights.