Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Thumbs up Had a great day @ the range today!

I had a bad weekend, (all the 9/11 stuff brings back bad memories.)
    So i decided to take a Daddy day and relax. (called in sick)
    I got the kids off to school, went and had a nice, big breakfast while reading the entire newspaper in peace.
    Then it was off to the range.
    I shot @ a new range i had joined but never got around to using it until today.
    It was quiet and i was by myself.
    I brought my Springfield 1911 .45, S&W .38 k-frame and the ruger sp101 2.25 .357.
    I had finally gotten a chance to go to my buddy's house to learn how to reload (wanted to make sure i would enjoy it) before i make the plunge and buy the equipment. So i had commercial ammo as well as my first reloads with me (reloads were using a known load).
    I'm a new shooter (under 1yr.) so i am usually very focused, trying to absorb everything i'm learning each trip to the range. While still trying to have fun!
    But today i went to the range just for the pure love of shooting.
    It was so nice just to relax throw up some paper plates and enjoy the moment
    I spent nearly 3 hrs there without blinking an eye and enjoyed every minute.
    No learning curve no readjusting grips or stance (safety rules always apply)
    just shooting because it makes me happy.
    I feel great, my stress is gone i feel like a new man. I even have time to take a shower and a nap before i get the kids off the bus!
    TODAY IS A GOOD DAY!
    I won't mention the name of the range because i'm a new member, and i always shoot the .357 last.
    Just as i was getting it out i had a couple of old-timers show up on rifle next to me and got somes stares because i was shooting some real snotty loads out of the .357 with a big shit eating grin on my face!
    Don't know if that was because they didn't know me or the loads or the "i just got laid" look on my face, but i didn't care....
    Today is a good day.
    "Cogito, ergo armatum sum"

(Berks County)

Default Re: Had a great day @ the range today!

I had a day like that a couple of months ago. I met a friend over at the range, we lit up a couple of cigars, shared some laughs, and sent a whole bunch of lead down range (mostly .22). I don't think either one of us were very concerned with our shot placement, we were just having fun.

Great story, thanks for sharing.