Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Man pulls gun to stop attack on woman, police say

A Madison man stopped an attack on a Madison woman by pulling a gun on the alleged attacker Thursday night, Madison police reported.
    The man with the gun held the suspect, Lorenzo Brown, 24, of Madison, at gunpoint until police arrived, according to a police news release.

Read more: http://host.madison.com/ct/news/loca...#ixzz1XlBluM4I

Important details in the article.

* The man went back to his apartment to get his cell phone so he could call 911, but he couldn't find the phone and grabbed the handgun instead.
    "He went back into the hallway and pointed the gun at the suspect, once again ordering him to stop," DeSpain said. "This time, the suspect paid heed."
    The woman got up and fled the building, with the gun-holder keeping his weapon on the suspect.
    "The suspect initially swore at him but later calmed down," DeSpain said.
    * The man, feeling the situation had been defused, put the handgun in his pocket as police arrived.
    * Officers were responding to a report of a weapons offense, with dispatch advising the officers that a man was holding a gun on another man.
    * The gun-holder was very cooperative, but the suspect was not, yelling obscenities at officers and allegedly threatening to harm them.
    "Once officers understood the situation, the citizen was released," DeSpain said.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Man pulls gun to stop attack on woman, police say

Officers were responding to a report of a weapons offense, with dispatch advising the officers that a man was holding a gun on another man.
    Why the hell does communication get screwed up like this all the time? The guy is lucky he didn't get killed. I hope to god I never have to hold someone at gunpoint and wait till the cops come.

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    Why the hell does communication get screwed up like this all the time? The guy is lucky he didn't get killed. I hope to god I never have to hold someone at gunpoint and wait till the cops come.
    Have you ever talked to the general public and tried to get information from them especially about something in progress? Obviously not.

75 percent of the time what is told to dispatch and what is actually occurring is not the same. Add to it that likely it was a neighbor who called who had no idea what was going on and just reported a dispute with a man holding a gun or if the female got away and called she was probably excited and again made mention of a disturbance with a weapon involved.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Waldershrek View Post
    Have you ever talked to the general public and tried to get information from them especially about something in progress? Obviously not.

75 percent of the time what is told to dispatch and what is actually occurring is not the same. Add to it that likely it was a neighbor who called who had no idea what was going on and just reported a dispute with a man holding a gun or if the female got away and called she was probably excited and again made mention of a disturbance with a weapon involved.
    I guess it depends on who made the call. If I'm holding someone at gunpoint, I want to be the one to call and report it, not a neighbor or bystander. I would report the crime that occurred, and inform the dispatcher that I'm holding the suspect at gunpoint. I would make sure to be absolutely clear that the guy with the gun is the good guy.

Remember this?

http://www.courthousenews.com/2009/0...r_Shooting.htm

I don't wanna end up like that guy.

If I saw the woman being stomped on, I would have just taken the shot. No warning, no holding at gunpoint. Not worth risking my life to give the criminal a chance to stop his assault.