Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default 7.62x25 back in at Century

Just got an email from Century with some special's on it and Tok ammo was on there. I have seen some member's looking for it so I thought I would pass it along.

Back in Stock

*L i m i t e d

*Q u a n t i t i e s

*A v a i l a b l e

It's Finally Back, 7.62x25 - 800rds Case Only $135.90

& Free Shipping on 4+ Cases!

CALIBER: 7.62X25 TOKAREV
    CASE: BRASS
    RDS PER PKG: 20
    RDS PER CASE: 800
    WEIGHT PER CASE: 20 LBS
    PRIMER TYPE: BERDAN
    CORROSIVE: CORROSIVE
    BULLET WEIGHT: 85 GRAIN
    BULLET TYPE: FMJ LEAD CORE
    MANUFACTURE: BULGARIA
    MANUFACTURE DATE.: 1950'S
    PACKAGING TYPE: 20 RD PAPER WRAPPER / 800 RD CAN

(Pike County)

Default Re: 7.62x25 back in at Century

Nice find but it seems like the price is up to $180, still a much better deal than the newly manufactured x25 ammo.

http://www.centuryarms.biz/proddetail.asp?prod=AM725

(Northampton County)

I guess that's good if you already bought gear and didn't buy ammo. Since it's cheaper than the past few months.

But the price is still a good reason to pass on any guns in this caliber. I can't believe the good times ended so suddenly. I can believe I missed it, I've missed everything.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    But the price is still a good reason to pass on any guns in this caliber. I can't believe the good times ended so suddenly.
    Yeah I'm going to pass on stuff in that caliber.

Unfortunately, with the power of the Internet, cheap stuff gets bought up real quick!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    Nice find but it seems like the price is up to $180, still a much better deal than the newly manufactured x25 ammo.

http://www.centuryarms.biz/proddetail.asp?prod=AM725
    Damn, Got the email at 10:59 this morning and the price went up $45. I don't know if it makes any difference but I have a C&R on file with with them. Perhaps the $135 price is dealer price? Is Century doing a bait and switch?

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I guess that's good if you already bought gear and didn't buy ammo. Since it's cheaper than the past few months.

But the price is still a good reason to pass on any guns in this caliber. I can't believe the good times ended so suddenly. I can believe I missed it, I've missed everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    Yeah I'm going to pass on stuff in that caliber.

Unfortunately, with the power of the Internet, cheap stuff gets bought up real quick!
    Well I know you cannot get cheap ammo in this caliber the same way you could in the past but the newly manufactured 7.62x25mm ammo doesn't cost much more than 9mm. However this ammo will cut through ballistic vest like a hot knife through butter, the penetration factor is good enough reason to still buy pistols in this caliber especially since you can get Tok's, CZ-52's and M57's in the low $200 range. Let me put it this way if you want something in pistol forum that will work against armor this is your best bet unless you want to pay ungodly amounts of money for F&N products chambered in 5.7.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicodendron11 View Post
    Damn, Got the email at 10:59 this morning and the price went up $45. I don't know if it makes any difference but I have a C&R on file with with them. Perhaps the $135 price is dealer price? Is Century doing a bait and switch?
    I think it might be a dealer price or maybe demand is so high they're starting to gouge on the price. I just checked J&G sales and they're starting to get Surplus 7.62x25 ammo and Wolf has just now started putting ammo out in this caliber: http://www.jgsales.com/index.php/amm...8a12154db2fb66

Price is up compared to the past but hopefully this means in the near future our choices for cheaper, bulk 7.62x25 ammo will increase.
    Last edited by LifeInPa; September 9th, 2011 at 09:12 AM.

(Butler County)

Wow.. so high compared to a year ago..

Hopefully the importer gets a big shipment in soon.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jrkotz View Post
    Wow.. so high compared to a year ago..

Hopefully the importer gets a big shipment in soon.
    Last importer I talked to said it want the supply... it was the American Dollar. Seems buying power overseas inst as good as it used to be.

(Coming back from a trip this April to Japan kinda proved that)

(Allegheny County)

I give it 6 months or so max before I get to tell all you "omfgzorz the sky is falling Tokarev" guys "I" "told" "you" "so".

Watch.

It will be back. They said you'd never be able to get your hands on .223 for less than .50c a round or more. 7.62x39mm was selling for $300 a case back in 08/09. It was MIA. OMG... what a panic.

Now I can get it for .17c/rd again.

Ammo is cyclical. Buy it when it is available to shoot through at least a 6 month period. It will be back. It always comes back. It may not be $100/case of 1280 shipped cheap like it was. But it will be back at a reasonable cost soon. This shit is still stacked to the ceiling in the arm pits of the world. It isn't much use to them. It will get sold.

Shoot your other guns more, and just wait. When it comes back, actually buy what you NEED this time so I don't have to listen to you guys whining...

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    I give it 6 months or so max before I get to tell all you "omfgzorz the sky is falling Tokarev" guys "I" "told" "you" "so".

Watch.

It will be back. They said you'd never be able to get your hands on .223 for less than .50c a round or more. 7.62x39mm was selling for $300 a case back in 08/09. It was MIA. OMG... what a panic.

Now I can get it for .17c/rd again.

Ammo is cyclical. Buy it when it is available to shoot through at least a 6 month period. It will be back. It always comes back. It may not be $100/case of 1280 shipped cheap like it was. But it will be back at a reasonable cost soon. This shit is still stacked to the ceiling in the arm pits of the world. It isn't much use to them. It will get sold.

Shoot your other guns more, and just wait. When it comes back, actually buy what you NEED this time so I don't have to listen to you guys whining...

That's good to hear but didn't you sell your 7.62 Tok AR-15 off?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast