Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Indoor range opens in Easton

They re having their grand opening this weekend. Raffles every hour $5 to shoot to magazines from a 10/22. The money goes to a local boy scout troop for a special trip.

10% off bushmaster ar15s. Lots of other stuff.

http://www.heritageguild.com

For info.

(Northampton County)

I got invited to go shooting there day before yesterday...and quite honestly, I wasn't about to pay $20 for an hour of shooting under thei watchful eye. no thank you.

Folks, for the $, the facility, and the clientele, I'm a big fan of HSA. BYO gun and ammo, but hey, $14-16 for a box of 50 rounds of Federal or Winchester, your preferred piece, and you can shoot most anytime from 0900-2100ish. There's even an indoor range, and IDPA shoots on Tuesdays. Also, they have a rifle, trap/skeet range. Not to mention archery and fishing for the family if they don't shoot yet.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    I got invited to go shooting there day before yesterday...and quite honestly, I wasn't about to pay $20 for an hour of shooting under thei watchful eye. no thank you.

Folks, for the $, the facility, and the clientele, I'm a big fan of HSA. BYO gun and ammo, but hey, $14-16 for a box of 50 rounds of Federal or Winchester, your preferred piece, and you can shoot most anytime from 0900-2100ish. There's even an indoor range, and IDPA shoots on Tuesdays. Also, they have a rifle, trap/skeet range. Not to mention archery and fishing for the family if they don't shoot yet.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

HSA? What/where's that?

As far as Heritage, I have shot there once and been in there a couple of other times while they were still under construction. I think it's a nice facility and the much nicer than that place up in Whitehall.. Firing Line*?

When I was shooting at Heritage, I was just testing out a new pistol. I didn't ask about being able to draw from holsters or shoot against a time. I have a feeling it won't be allowed. Has anyone asked? I want to start IDPA this coming year and need a place to practice. I'm a member over at EFGA and have shot there a few times, but shooting indoors in January sounds nicer than freezing over at EFGA.

I'm disappointed to hear the "tactical" range won't be open to the public.

*I haven't been to the range in Whitehall in a while, but I was less than impressed with the person behind the desk and the range wasn't particularly well kept.

(Northampton County)

HSA = Hellertown Sportsmans Association.

Great place, and yearly dues aren't anywhere near what you'll drop at Heritage, and they *do* IDPA on Tuesdays.

www.hellertownsportsmen.com Check it out.
    Popichak is probably trolling this for his next story...

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    HSA = Hellertown Sportsmans Association.

Great place, and yearly dues aren't anywhere near what you'll drop at Heritage, and they *do* IDPA on Tuesdays.

www.hellertownsportsmen.com Check it out.
    Thanks for the info and the link.

Pretty friendly to new-to-IDPA shooters? I've been shooting pistols all my life, but have never tried IDPA or any of the other shooting sports.

(Northampton County)

Default $100 transfer fee at Heritage Firearms

Here's my experience with Heritage Firearms today..... I have a Daniel Defense M4V3 inbound from Texas that has been hard to find lately. I called Heritage today to ask them to do a transfer for me. After talking to 2 different confused sales reps with a disturbing lack of knowledge I was transferred to Matt (manager). He asked me what was being transferred and I told him. He then said they had a Daniel Defense on their wall (not the one I was looking for which I already knew). After telling him that was not the set-up I have been looking for he said the transfer fee would be $100 plus some additional fees. I asked him to repeat himself and he repeated with an attitude...."$100". Seriously???? I was in there a week ago and even though their staff is a bit "clueless" I was willing to go back in there in a week or so to support local business and pick up an LC9 I saw but that won't happen after today. For a new gun store (with a not so knowledgeable staff and relatively high $$ range fees) in the area they seem to have an elitist attitude. Good luck with that Heritage . If you are going to earn a new markets business you need to be schooled on how to do so. As an avid shooter in the area I will certainly pass on my experience with this gun shop.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: $100 transfer fee at Heritage Firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Mark82ndABN View Post
    Here's my experience with Heritage Firearms today..... I have a Daniel Defense M4V3 inbound from Texas that has been hard to find lately. I called Heritage today to ask them to do a transfer for me. After talking to 2 different confused sales reps with a disturbing lack of knowledge I was transferred to Matt (manager). He asked me what was being transferred and I told him. He then said they had a Daniel Defense on their wall (not the one I was looking for which I already knew). After telling him that was not the set-up I have been looking for he said the transfer fee would be $100 plus some additional fees. I asked him to repeat himself and he repeated with an attitude...."$100". Seriously???? I was in there a week ago and even though their staff is a bit "clueless" I was willing to go back in there in a week or so to support local business and pick up an LC9 I saw but that won't happen after today. For a new gun store (with a not so knowledgeable staff and relatively high $$ range fees) in the area they seem to have an elitist attitude. Good luck with that Heritage . If you are going to earn a new markets business you need to be schooled on how to do so. As an avid shooter in the area I will certainly pass on my experience with this gun shop.
    Talk to Brian over at Easton firearms refinishing. About 5 minutes from heritage and he does transfers for $20.

http://www.eastonfirearmsrefinishing.com/

(610)-252-5334

(Northampton County)

Default Re: $100 transfer fee at Heritage Firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Draxton Smitz View Post
    Talk to Brian over at Easton firearms refinishing. About 5 minutes from heritage and he does transfers for $20.

http://www.eastonfirearmsrefinishing.com/

(610)-252-5334
    You are awesome and I will call him. Thanks!

My 2 cents on Heritage. Its a nice place. Nice gun counter with a very nice selection. Nice selection of accessories. (Did I say "nice" enough?) Prices are not out too our of the norm. The range fees are steep. Now... concerning clientele, this place no doubtedly caters to the NJ crowd. Heritage has a shop or two in Jersey. The parking lot easily had 1 PA plate for every 5 NJ plates.
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metaldemon7 View Post
    I stopped in to see if they had any target 22LR ammo. No such luck, not even green tag. I was ask what I was shooting, I told them it was a Savage MK II TR. They told me that a bolt action 22 should shoot anything, because it is not a semi automatic. I was wanting target ammo for groups, not function. I said Thanks, and walked out. I'll just keep shooting at Easton Fish & Game. Since I am a member, it is only $30 a year. We have 50ft 22 range, 25yd pistol range,100yd rifle range, and an action range. Plus they are about the same distance from my house.
    Where is the easton fish and game located? I have been looking for a local outdoor shooting range since i just relocated to the Palmer area. How is it? price seems great! How strict are they...speed of shooting,double taps, weapon restrictions, etc...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast