Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Indoor range opens in Easton

I am a new member here and am new to firearms in general. I have been to a few of the local shops in the Lehigh Valley to look around and get ideas on prices. Stopped in to the Heritage Guild for the first time and was impressed. Very friendly approachable sales guys who were willing to talk to and show different pieces with a friendly attitude and no pressure approach. The retail space looks to be finished and fully stocked from what I saw. I ended up purchasing a new pistol because of the great service and overall experience these guys provided. The purchase was quick and easy and they had me checked out and firing on the range within 20 minutes. Ammo was a bit pricey, but to be expected. Spent an hour plinking away and the staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. Will definitely be going back and looking into the range programs they have. I believe $75 gets you 5 range hours ($15 an hour instead of $20). Looked like they had at least 3 display cases full of rentals available and they said they were adding even more. Great new spot and close to home if you live in the LV. Highly recommended. Can't wait to go back.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bryrex View Post
    I am a new member here and am new to firearms in general. I have been to a few of the local shops in the Lehigh Valley to look around and get ideas on prices. Stopped in to the Heritage Guild for the first time and was impressed. Very friendly approachable sales guys who were willing to talk to and show different pieces with a friendly attitude and no pressure approach. The retail space looks to be finished and fully stocked from what I saw. I ended up purchasing a new pistol because of the great service and overall experience these guys provided. The purchase was quick and easy and they had me checked out and firing on the range within 20 minutes. Ammo was a bit pricey, but to be expected. Spent an hour plinking away and the staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. Will definitely be going back and looking into the range programs they have. I believe $75 gets you 5 range hours ($15 an hour instead of $20). Looked like they had at least 3 display cases full of rentals available and they said they were adding even more. Great new spot and close to home if you live in the LV. Highly recommended. Can't wait to go back.
    That's a exorbitant price to pay for range time.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by 9orangeletters View Post
    That's a exorbitant price to pay for range time.
    They are also a business trying to make money. They are not there to go broke so people can shoot. For a non owner who wants to try it out for the first time it seems reasonable. For as nice and friendly as these guys are I'm willing to pay a bit extra for good service.

If you want the cheapest cost to shoot then join a club. Why should they go broke just to make you happy?

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Draxton Smitz View Post
    They are also a business trying to make money. They are not there to go broke so people can shoot. For a non owner who wants to try it out for the first time it seems reasonable. For as nice and friendly as these guys are I'm willing to pay a bit extra for good service.

If you want the cheapest cost to shoot then join a club. Why should they go broke just to make you happy?

$15/hr didn't seem outrageous to me. I'd rather shoot for free outside at our family farm, but for a clean and well equipped indoor facility with friendly and knowledgeable folks working, I believe I got what I paid for. I guess a club would be cheaper in the long run.

(Northampton County)

If you plan on shooting once a month, get the $250 yearly membership. You can shoot as much as you want and take guests for $10 an hour. I;'ve been there probably 5 or 6 times since joining. The range masters are extremely pleasant to deal with - some have even helped me pick up my brass to reload.

It basically works out to be $20 a month. I will gladly pay that than have to deal with the crap at Easton Fish and Game. That place has gone down hill since the day I joined.

The tactical range is not going to be open to the public. It will be for training purposes only and they told me that every once in a while they may have a public event.

My $0.02, YMMV

-cd
    Certified Glock Armorer; Member GSSF, NRA

Even if they paid customers to shoot there, someone would still complain.

I have been a member of the Easton Fish and Game for about ten years. Yes, thing have gone down hill. It is a problem with people not knowing how to act at a range. If I see something I don't like, or I don't see a membership card. I do say something. If it ever becomes a problem, then I would have to call authorities. If I saw someone shooting the dumpster. I would get a plate number, and call the police. I am just a regular member, but I know a lot of the range officers from going on clean up days, and matches. It is just like the rest of the country. You have to stand up for the right thing.

(Northampton County)

Are these the guys out of NJ ?? I Never set foot on that place.
    ill never pay 20.00 an hour either.... wow.

(Northampton County)

Nothing but good experiences there at the heritage guild in Easton over the last month. Bought a new pistol from them and have been shooting weekly. Great people and facility.

It never ceases to amaze me. Gun owners are our own worse enemy. I bet if people were given a gun at $50 under cost, and ammo was free they would still complain. I have been there a few times now and I like the place.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast